Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spectrum Quick Connect......Cool!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum Quick Connect......Cool!!!

Hi guys
I just got my recievers back with the firmware update. It would first like to say that the reconect time is really quick by switching the power on/off. Anyway, I got the ar7000 in my heli, moved the 6200 into my hellcat, and am waiting for a new ar7000 for my 27% cap. When i was installing the 6200 into the hellcat i noticed it acting up. The servos seemed like they had no power. I kept wiggling the stick and the servos got weeker and weeker untill they couldn't move themselves anymore. The battey was completely dead. I then realized, that not once did the system completely shutdown. It was constantly reconecting, so fast, that i didn't even notice it. COOL!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum Quick Connect......Cool!!!

Hi guys

I did another test today. This is a recently updated ar7000. I wanted to try it off my stinger .50 heli system to see how it would respond. It is running higher torque digi's than my hellcat and also uses a high speed throttle servo, governor, and gyro. I discharged an extra 600mah 4.8v battery to allmost empty and hooked it up. I got rather suprising results. First off, i couldn't get the battery to load up enough to drop below the cutoff voltage. This is fully discharged and with my hand on the swash plate to simulate in flight loads. Eventually the servos slowed up, again the recievers lights remained solid, and finally the servos wouldn't move anymore. The gyro then hit is cutoff voltage and turned of, BUT the governor and the ar7000 remained running untill the lights began blinking on the ar7000 and the system shutdown. While this doesn't simulate inflight voltage bursts i was very happy with this test. The actualy battery that is running this heli uses a heavy duty on/off switch and is a 2000mah (holds 2073) Elite 4/5 A cell 4.8v battery. I think i am in good shape.

Again, very interesting results. Great job with this "quick connect" feature spectrum!!!