Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6V battery problem

Old 04-25-2003, 12:47 AM
mullenc525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6V battery problem

hi

I recently soldered up a 5 2/3A cell pack as an rx pack for my plane. When I hooked it up my servos went nuts, vibrating back and forth. I have a JR R600, and JR 517 servos, that otherwise work fine... whats going on? it just occured to me, although very unlikely, I may have had the polarity wrong. could that have caused that problem?
Old 04-25-2003, 02:23 AM
strato911

When 5 cell packs are freshly charged, they typically exceed 7 volts. Some receivers can't handle the extra voltage. Either use a 6V regulator, or wait a few minutes and see if the voltage drops down enough to get rid of "the shakes".
Old 04-25-2003, 02:29 AM
mullenc525

ok, i admit i overcharged the battery a bit at first, so it may have been over 7v. what is a regulator/where can i get it?
Old 04-25-2003, 02:34 AM
strato911

Since I only use 4 cell packs (so far), I don't know where you can get them other than the local electronics store. Perform a search in this forum for "regulator" - it should give you tons of threads. This has been discussed frequently.