Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Buddy boxing the Stylus???

Old 04-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy boxing the Stylus???

What radios will buddy with the Stylus?
I want to buy one but I need it to buddy with the RD6000 Super......Can someone tell me if it will work!!!
Thanks a bunch
Can't download the manual......................
Old 04-28-2003, 01:19 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think, don't hold me to it, but Airtronics should buddy with Airtronics. I have plugged my Vanguards into my RD's and my Radiant. I have been able to plug any of them together.

Dru.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:10 AM
Hughes500E

I buddy my RD with Vanguards with guys from the field..... my manual for the RD6000 says it will not buddy with infinity or quasar ....... does not say anything about Stylus........
Thanks for the reply...........
Old 04-28-2003, 05:47 AM
Hughes500E

For those that want to know........
No, you cannot use an RD6000 Super with the STYLUS transmitter. The STYLUS can only be used in trainer mode with another STYLUS TX.
quoted from Airtronics support................................bummer
Old 04-29-2003, 09:02 AM
olivier

Hi,

I have some questions for the Stylus-owner :
1) does this transmitter has a buddy-box connector like the other Airtronics transmmitters (Din 5 pin)? If no, what kind of connector?
2) is this transmitter using the same buddy lead as the other Airtronics?
3) does this transmitter works in PPM or PCM or selectable between both?
4) can this transmitter be used with the same receivers as other Airtronics transmitters??
5) is this transmitter using the same channel assignment as the other Airtronics (channel 1 on receiver for elevator-servo, channel 2 for ailerons, channel 3 for throttle and channel 4 for rudder)?

Beeing very interested in your problem and an eventual solution, you should have a look at my website on how to search for a PPM-signal to be used for buddy-box-purpose (chapter 1). Perhaps you could solve your problem and make other owners of Stylus happy with your findings (and I could add your info on my website).

Olivier
Old 04-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Stylus

I don't think I have all your answers but here's some and anybody who knows better can chip in:

1. No, any buddy box connection goes thru the small DSC connector on the back. My Stylus doesn't have a trainer mode but I hear they can be modified to do so - check the Airtronics forum on Yahoo Groups.

2. No, it would be different.

3. Yes it can work positive and negative shift FM receivers. On PCM it only works with the one 92185 PCM Rx and no other Airtronics PCM rx's. Might be you need to have an Acro card to get shift selection, as I don't see it in the basic manual.

4. Yes - all FM PPM types, see #3.

5. Rx channels:

1 = Throttle
2 = Aileron
3 = Elevator
4 = Rudder
5 = Gear
6 = Flap or 2nd Elevator
7 = Spoiler or 2nd Aileron
8 = Aux or 2nd Throttle
Old 04-29-2003, 07:07 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

For modulation invert as well as PPM / PCM choice, go to the MODULATION screen. You will see three choices: PCM, PPM PPM INV...to transmit a negative pulse, choose the PPM INV. You do NOT need the ACRO or any other card for the modulation choice function.