Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Elevator Servo Lag

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:11 PM
bbellfly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Elevator Servo Lag

I am trying to set up a Goldberg Edge 540 67". It has dual elevator servos. I am using a Futaba 7 C and a Futaba R168DP with HiTec 635HB. Since the 7C isn't capible of running both Flapperon and elevons at the same time.

The only way to run dual aileron and elevator servos with the 7C, would be to run one (elevator) as a P-Mix (channel 2 master & channel 7 or 5 as slave) or a y-harness. As per Bax on the Futaba forum. The y-harness creates a problem of it's own. I would have to turn one of the servos around and shorten the pushrod. Don't want to do that really. I've heard about a reversing y-harness. Would that work?

In hooking up the P-Mix. which I've done, it gives me more up travel in ch 7 and more down travel in ch 2. Both are centering correctly (or close) and the extra travel (in both channels) happens after the other servo stops.

Is the Smart Fly Equalizer II a possible solution to my problem?
Old 05-14-2008, 11:15 PM
3DAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy some digitals so you can reverse a servo and adjust endpoints and centers. Smart fly is a possible solution yes. But if you want to set up another plane or ten of them and you have the programmer you are set!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 11:53 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I once had this problem because the geometry was off... one elev. halve would max out smootly and the other have would start binding slowing it down forcing it to work harder to move