Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MY Spektrum Experience!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Upnet
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY Spektrum Experience!!!!!

Finally... after a couple of weeks of crappy weather in Middle Tenn. Today the sun came out. Time to maiden my UCD 60 with a Saito 125...also time to maiden my DX7. I had spent hours going over everything...control throws etc. NoBs batteries 1500mah Nimh 4.8v powering the rx....which is one of the pre-updated ones. (turn off the rx, then turn it back on...lights glow steady) Did obligatory range check farther out than 90 feet...more like 115 feet. Double checked battery with my ESV. Somewhat apprehensive...applied throttle and the UCD took off. Flew one full tank. Landed ok.
The DX7? Never skipped a beat. Unfortunately...the next three subsequent flights ended in dead sticks. Some kind of problem with the Saito. BUT...the DX7 worked. I checked the battery after each flight....they lasted about 4-5 minutes each.
ONE THING.....my friend Bob...who is pushing 280+ did another range check out at around 100 feet....pushed the bind button with the TX behind his back. Engine was running at 3/4 throttle on the stand...and when he hit the bind button...the engine rpms dropped. Then with the bind button still activated brought the TX in front of him and the rpms went back up. I don't know what to make of that...all I know is that the DX 7 worked as advertised. I am a happy camper!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:40 AM
simmo8

Default RE: MY Spektrum Experience!!!!!

g-day
i love my dx7 and hate its batery it is crap it only lasts on or two flights tryed a few things to make it last longer but they didnt work but not including that the dx 7 is the best raideo on the market to me
hqappy flying

simmo
Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 PM
nine o nine
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The motor dropping RPM during that range check showed that the Failsafe was working. When the RPMs went back up the system went out of failsafe. Exactly what it's supposed to do. Mitch
Old 04-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Upnet
My Feedback: (8)

Thought that might be the case...but wasn't sure. I set the rpm higher than idle.