RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

bad power indicator or battery?

Old 03-10-2002, 07:39 AM
peani

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default bad power indicator or battery?

I have a Futaba transmitter with an NT-8LP 9.6v pack. I bought the pack recently. The first time I put the pack in, the power indicator on the transmitter read 0%. After charging for 15 hours or so, the indicator read 100%. However, no matter how long I leave the transmitter on, the power indicator needle never goes below 75%, unless I turn the unit off. As the needle approaches 75%, the signal appears to die suddenly. If I turn the unit off and wait a few minutes, I can get it to work for a few seconds, and then it dies again. Sounds like a flat battery, but it reads 75%! If I recharge, it goes back up to 100%, then down to 75%. Could it be a faulty battery, or is the transmitter the culprit? My first guess is that I was sold an old battery, but the only code stamped on the pack is "910" which doesn't look like the 2-letter codes I've read about...
Old 03-10-2002, 11:14 PM
widgeon
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default bad power indicator or battery?

Hi Peani, Before u do anything elkse remove that battery from the tx and cycle it at least twice, recording ur mah readings. The meter on the tx cannot be trusted since its not accurate. If there's a flat cell in the pack it will probably never reach full mah capacity or will decline each time u cycle it. Good Luck. Widgeon