Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

LED's dim/blink on JR9100 Power Rcvr w/ Hitec 5625/5645

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

LED's dim/blink on JR9100 Power Rcvr w/ Hitec 5625/5645

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:46 AM
texasskydiver
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED's dim/blink on JR9100 Power Rcvr w/ Hitec 5625/5645

Hey guys,

I just installed the JR 9100 power receiver in my 33% Extra. I have 7 Hitec 5955's for the control surfaces and 2 5625's for the choke and throttle. I am running two 2400mAh A123 battery packs direct to the receiver. I noticed that when I cycled the throttle (5625) that the blue LED's on the receiver blink or fade like it was drawing a lot of current and causing the voltage to drop. While working with the throttle servo I noticed that a couple of times all of the control surfaces jumped...like it had just been reset or something. THis scares me in that maybe for whatever reason this servo is dropping the voltage to the receiever.

The receiever LED's do not change at all when moving all of the other control surfaces. I checked to ensure that there is no binding on the throttle linkage. I even connected a brand new 5645 with no linkage attached and had the same issue. I happened to have a spare 5955...so I connected it to my throttle channel and no more blinking or dimming of the LED's. Needless to say...I went ahead and replaced the 5625 with the 5955...I know..way overkill...but at least it will get me in the air until I can determine what servo to use on the throttle.

Has anyone else observed this?? If so...is there a reason as to why the 5625 and 5645's cause this??

THanks,
Howie