Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RDS8000 manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:33 PM
kennyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RDS8000 manual

I've reading all the post's on this radio and it seems like a good deal. I haven't been able to locate the manual for it online anywhere. I've read it's similar to the old rd8k, but I really need to know. I'm stuck in a hotel for a month while away training for work. I want to print out the rds8k and dx7 manuals and compare feature's side by side. This will be my only radio purchase and I want to make the best decsion I can. I have the old rd8k manual saved already...but if anyone has the new rds8k in pdf and could post it or knows where I could find It online it would be very helpfull. Thanks all. Ken
Old 04-25-2008, 06:22 PM
pumbadog

Default RE: RDS8000 manual

You might want to talk to:

Mike Greenshields
Product Manager
Global Hobby/Airtronics
[email protected]

The RDS8000 manual isn't on the airtronics web site as I'm guessing you've figured out. This guy has been helping in the RDS8000 thread and seems to be great at answering questions. Maybe he has a PDF to send you. I have the radio already and it's the first Airtronics I've owned I haven't regretted it. If you're newish to RC the down side is you get a Radio, receiver and switch so if you're needing servo's you'll have to pay more for those. If you already have a supply of servo's laying around then you didn't spend extra on basic servo's that you might not use. It's not as flashy and maybe doesn't have the gee wizz large screen that JR and Futaba has but you don't have a supersized instruction book either like they have.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:04 PM
kennyz

Thanks dog, I was kinda hoping Mike would chime in, I know he's be helpful. No, I'm not new to rc...just getting back in the game is all. I currently have a 300 size heli ( honey bee king2) that I'm learning to fly on..it's cheap to fix. Between that and my sim ( G2), I mananged to get into foward flight by last october after only getting the heli in late august. The problem is the stock radio is a real piece of *&^ ! I want to hone my skills a bit more as i am looking at picking up a Century raven with an os hyper 50. Hence forth the need for a much better radio. I would go with the DX7 as it's what my brother an a few other guys at the field have...but....the servos are worthless on a .50 size machine, so I don't mind having to buy a set seperatly..the 821's would just sit in a drawer anyway so why pay for them. I just read both the dx7 and the rd8k manuals..both seem very close in capablity. How do you select what is on aux 1 & 2 in the rd8k?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:19 PM
pumbadog

I probably can't give you a really educated answer on that one. I'm still messing around with it to see what I can get it to do and haven't needed to use the heli features. In my case the 7 and 8 channel are running one of two elevator servo's and an optical cut off switch for my gas engine ignition. The radio gives you the ability for dual elevator servo's and slaves one channel (7) to the elevator channel and I'm just using the other channel as a on/off switch.