Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

GWS servo arms

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 01:19 AM
dougnlynn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS servo arms

Anyone know if GWS servos use a brand name arm (spline)? Or where to get GWS arms? I want to try a S15CL, but it only came with single sided servo arms, although they look stronger than standard. I need a double arm for use in a pull-pull, and I've tried Futaba, Hitec, and JR arms. None fit.

This is not one of the lower price servos, but the specs are great for $45. Seems fast and smooth on the bench, want to mount it in a 1/4 scale Extra.

doug
Old 05-04-2003, 04:53 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GWS servo arms

I think I used futaba type arms..black plastic..i think they were du-bro/heavy duty ...i'm not positively sure !
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD668&P=7
they were just a tiny bit snug...they would start on the shaft but really needed to be pushed hard/persuaded. If you find one with the right number of splines that is very snug but does start, try using the screw to force it on..when you tighten the screw on it should force the arm into position....the screw is metal and the gear is metal so you really have nothing to loose by trying,....it wont hurt the servo any to give it a try!