Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

General Theory. Practical Application

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Redharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General Theory. Practical Application

Hi folks.....
I am looking for some Basic (simplified ) Schematics and Theory of basic RC Radio Systems...Mostly Transmitter/Rcvr....

The reason I am asking is because I bought one of those CHEAPY $70 helicopters at the recent RCX expo in Los Angeles.
Of course it stopped workin after about an Hour....Seems that the Transmitter and Receiver are not Synching up any more...( I hit a wall )

I know this thing is of no real value, but I thought it might be fun to Trace the signal and troubleshoot the thing. Good learning experience...I am an experienced Avionics tech (But I'm not a Radio guy. I understand the theory, but lack useful Radio experience), and have access to all necessary Equipment.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.....
Old 04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: General Theory. Practical Application

ORIGINAL: Redharrisb Hi folks..... I am looking for some Basic (simplified ) Schematics and Theory of basic RC Radio Systems...Mostly Transmitter/Rcvr....
The reason I am asking is because I bought one of those CHEAPY $70 helicopters at the recent RCX expo in Los Angeles. Of course it stopped workin after about an Hour....Seems that the Transmitter and Receiver are not Synching up any more...( I hit a wall )
I know this thing is of no real value, but I thought it might be fun to Trace the signal and troubleshoot the thing. Good learning experience...I am an experienced Avionics tech (But I'm not a Radio guy. I understand the theory, but lack useful Radio experience), and have access to all necessary Equipment. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.....
Refer to sections "FAQ" & "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ", at Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
especially:
Understanding your RC System - How it works
"What Happens When I Wiggle The Sticks" - Tutorial on how RC Systems work
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links