Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba tm-8. how do you like yours? any problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
dano50021
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba tm-8. how do you like yours? any problems?

I am looking at upgrading my 9c to 2.4 and was wondering how the tm-8 module was working for those that have purchased this module. I know they haven't been out that long and the weather hasn't been great in the northern states, but was curious if anyone has had much stick time with this.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Futaba tm-8. how do you like yours? any problems?

Hi dano,
Well I've had mine since last week, only a few flights on the property with my Slow Stick, better to flight test it in something "low impact" than in my .90 powered Extra[X(].
OK, range: I set the SS by the garage and went all the way to the property line, about 250', solid as a rock. My dual conversion PPM receivers give up before that point.
Antenna arrangement: What antenna, oh that thingy that hides across the back of the Tx[8D]. On the bench the Tx sits at a better angle then with the regular module, they designed it to be a very solid support when the radio's on its back. When flying (I'm not a Tx neck strap guy) the Tx balance feels better than with the buggy whip extended. The manual states there should be no problem if the 72Mhz antenna is not removed, as I'll be still stuck flying the rest of my planes on 72Mhz for a while, this is a good thing.
Tx battery drain, just today I charged the 1100mAh Sanyo Nicd pack I use in the 9C, normally it will get critically low at about 3 3/4 hours. I set the 9C on the bench with the integral timer reset, 6 hours and 33 minutes later the warning went off, very happy camper here.
Best of luck,
Pete
Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

How much time did you get with you TM-8 Module istalled, over 6 hours???...For real??
NEDYOB
Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

I just timed a freshly charged 1100mah NiCd on my Futaba 9CAP with the TM-8, and at 5-1/4 hours it was at 9.3 volts and the alarm had not gone off. So Pete's right on the money! I was getting about half that, at best, with the synthesized module.
I haven't flown mine yet, but hope to soon.
Sam
Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Well thats good to hear
NEDYOB
Old 04-29-2008, 06:43 AM
DougV

dano50021:

I have one installed on my 8U Super, Rock solid! is all I can say. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Waiting for the 10C now so I can retire the 8U

Doug.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
dano50021
My Feedback: (15)

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is much appreciated. that is amazing that you are getting that kind of battery time.