Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX3R problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
kryznic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX3R problem

So this is a brand new unit. Was working perfectly fine and then out of no where it crapped out on me. I get no input from it at all.

I tried to rebind the receiver and it wont bind (receiver just continues to flash even after bind process stops). I even tried a BRAND NEW receiver (both specktrum) and it will not bind either (same behavior).

Anyone hear of this or know how to completely reset and blow out the radio? Will prolly end up calling support but figured I'd try here first. very disappointing

-Chris
Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 AM
kryznic

Default RE: DX3R problem

well for anyone who cares or finds this thread and has the same problem I resolved my issue.

low batteries

which is weird as they weren't drained or dead. Or maybe it was because I accidentally left the radio on all night last night and it killed the batts. I put new ones in and BLAMO binded fine and was responding fine.

The DX3R gives you the ability to change the system voltage alarm which is set to 4.0 volts which I find strange as with fresh batts it says its at 4.4 volts. The batteries did not last very long. It says 15 hours in the manual but was nowhere close to that.

Or maybe Energizers just suck. Anyway problems solved.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:46 PM
talltree

Actually I think you must have bad batteries because when I pop fresh batteries in mine the voltage says between 5.0 and 5.4 volts.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
kryznic

yup, I bought a 8 pack of engergizers and they were ALL bad. I put in some partially used Duracells and got 5.4 volts. So NEVER again will I use enercrappers
Old 05-21-2008, 10:31 AM
bekk

I found that the battery box included with my radio was defective and a little re-soldering was in order. The directions were a little vague regarding the binding procedure....no mention of connecting the battery pack to the aux to power the receiver when binding.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:20 AM
borley1863

yeah thats what i thought was strange it says put binding pin in the battery slot of receiver then power it ! Then a friend says you can put the battery pack in a different slot
should of said this in the manual though.
Guy