Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question about programming "decelerons" on a 9303

Old 05-02-2008, 05:06 PM
8KCABrett
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about programming "decelerons" on a 9303

Hello,

I've got a 9303 and am interested in trying out decelerons on an 83" flying wing for yaw control, in addition to the usual elevons. This might be a simple excercise, and then again it might not be. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate hearing them!

Ideally this could all be done in the radio, rather than resorting to some additional hardware, but if that's what is needed, then we can go that route too.

Many thanks!

[edit] I should have better explained what I meant by "decelerons". . .the idea is that the elevons will be split along their span such that rather than two surfaces, there will be four. The four should work like elevons normally, and will appear as only two movable surfaces, but will split on one side when rudder inputs are made such that yaw control is available as well. So a right rudder input will result in the lower half of the right elevon drooping, while the upper half will rise. similar to what you see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_N-9M