Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How many channels??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 02:35 AM
safari
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many channels??

I love my JR 10x and 8103 radios but I find times when I wish I had more channels. Which brought me to the questions...

1. Is there an RC radio with more than 10 channels?
2. Is there a limit as to how many channels are avaliable?
3. Can I get more channels for my JR?

I look forward to your responses.

Safari
Old 05-05-2003, 05:51 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

1. Yes, the Multiplex 4000, Multiplex Royal Evo12, Graupner MC24, and one of the Robbe radios have 12 channels. For those with ground/water based models where some functions do not require fast response, like switching lights or water pumps, Multiplex offer a module that allows 6 functions to share two channels, giving you an extra 4 pseudo channels.

2. Time is the limiting factor, since channels are sent one at a time more channels means slower update rates. Multiplex shortens the data for transmission in 12 channel mode, and the Rx expands it back again so that the update rate is kept high, Graupner does not and uses a slower update rate. But there is a limit to how much you can do that.

3. Not with JR. If you want more channels your only options are the radios listed at 1.

H
Old 05-05-2003, 07:50 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JR has a similar channel expander, 2 ways to do it (4 servos from single channel):

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/articles/1162.asp

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...p?prod=JRPA905