Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 10X channel assignment help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 PM
flyingvranch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 10X channel assignment help needed

I have a JR 10x transmitter and JR 7 channel receiver. I am using the quad flap wing type selection as I have a 4 servo wing. One servo for each flap and aileron. The way the manual tells you to set this up, it uses the available landing gear channel for one of the flaps. I want to be able to use this channel and switch for a tow release on my towplane. I am unsure how to assign the unused channel to this switch to make this function available. If I use the mixing function, when I hit the gear switch it just dumps the flap that is plugged into that slot instead of moving the tow release servo that is plugged into the un-used slot. I know this must be simple, but it eludes me and I would much appreciate any help!
Thanks!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:14 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR 10X channel assignment help needed

I don't think you can with a 7 channel Rx. You are using 4 channels for the quad flap setup, that leaves rudder, elevator, and throttle which are all needed to fly the plane. To use the quad-flap setup AND still use the gear swtich you will need at least 8 channels.
You have to go to an assignment menu to turn the gear switch off for channel 5, and then reactivate it with the mix. I can't remember exactly, but search here, and it will get you through it. I am using a 10 channel Rx, and still had a few issues to work through.