Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9Z - PMX & ALV question. Please help!

Old 05-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Kregg
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9Z - PMX & ALV question. Please help!

I'm moving this question from the manufacturer forum and into this regular forum. Everyones assistance would be most appreciated. I received no response from Futaba at all. Forum changes now only allow Futaba reps to respond in that forum????

I'm still learning the tricks of my Z and I'm the only member of my club owning a Z. The lion share of the giant scale crowd are JR fans and are no help in programming a Z. Any time I have a problem understanding the Z programming they just chalk it up as another reason to use JR.

First off I had a successful first flight on my Extra 300XS this weekend and she flew great! Just a lot for fine tuning and programming details to refine and learn. I want to use two direct drive servos for my large rudder. They are both mounted in the tail for weight and have very short linkage. I want to program a mix with each servo in a separate channel (no MatchBox or Y harness if possible). This way I can program out any binding issues with curves and such.

PMX - I tried using this for my two rudder servos and this is what happened. Right servo in the correct channel and trimmed to work perfectly by it self (this single servo set up was used on my test flight). Then I disconnected the right servo control arm and plugged in the left servo into channel 8 and attached the left servo arm. Right master, left slave. Activated the mixing (linear) with 100% on the slave for full movement. I could only get right rudder movement? I played with all of the percentages in both + and - with no movement at all to the left. What am I doing wrong?

ALV - How often is this function used? None of my friends have ever heard of this type of set up and this includes some very good IMAC pilots. I initially programmed in a modest 20% for these ailevators and was going to give it a try. Everyone talked me out of using this function since it was unknown. I'm not a 3D pilot (yet), but the concept certainly makes sense to me. Is this a exclusive "Z" function? I will try it once I'm very comfortable with my set up. Any recos on the percentage to start with and pros and cons?
Old 05-05-2003, 03:22 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

PMIX: you have to set both sides of the circuit. One is for left rudder the other for right rudder. Set both percentages the same.

ALV: ailevator is a common function for funfly models, and is now also becoming commonly used for 3D aerobatics. Just be careful as it will also react at higher speeds....i would start at 10% and play with it from there.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Kregg
My Feedback: (45)

Thanks for the comments.

I do not have my radio in front of me, but I did add the 100% (tried both + & -) in the two fields (Rate A & Rate B) for the slave and it still did not move left.

You said two circuits? I created this set up only on "Mix #1". Are you saying that I'm done for the right travel and I need to create a "Mix #2" for the left travel?

If that is true, what is the reason for the Rate A & Rate B fields? These fields normally are for the stick movement sides. EX: Rudder, A = left side of center, B = Rt of center?
Old 05-05-2003, 06:35 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Kregg, no i simply meant the A and the B.

Do me a favor, inhibit this mix and try again with a new mix. See if it operates fine now.