Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hi Tech reciever with Futaba Cristal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 01:18 PM
motoadve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Tech reciever with Futaba Cristal?

I want to buy the Hitec Super Slim 8-Channel FM Receiver J .
I was wondering if the Futaba cristal will fit, because I own Futaba radio.

Also whats a dual reviever?

My radio is a Futaba 8 channel
Old 05-06-2003, 03:04 PM
strato911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Tech reciever with Futaba Cristal?

You should always use the crystal from the same manufacturer as the receiver. Some people have used Futaba crystals in Hitec receivers, but both Hitec and Futaba recommend against it. The crystal may seem to work during ground range testing, but might fail while in the air.

For the meager price of a new crystal, it is not worth risking it. Remember, you are not only risking your plane, but also everyone within flight range of your plane. If it fails while flying level, it could kill someone in their backyard several miles away.

Receivers are manufactured using either dual conversion circuitry, or single conversion circuitry. In simple terms, this refers to how the receiver electronics filter the signal it receives. The crystal used must match the receiver - single conversion Rx with single conversion crystal and dual conversion Rx with dual conversion crystal.