Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 921 2.4 SS Rcvr Placement Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR 921 2.4 SS Rcvr Placement Question

The plane is a Dragon Lady with a Saito 120 for power using a JR X9303 2.4 SS radio. The manual says to locate the remote receiver at least two inches from the master and not next to conductive material. I need to make a CG adjustment and the best way is to move the battery (5 cell 1100 mah NiCd) from under the fuel tank to the aft end of the radio/servo compartment - this way I am not adding any additional weight. The problem is that this arrangement places the battery between the master and the remote with about 1 inch from the remote receiver. I can't tell from the manual if this is a problem any thoughts, comments or experience would be welcome.

Howard
Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Clutch Cargo
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 921 2.4 SS Rcvr Placement Question

Howard ....

They do make extentions for the remote rx, which would allow you to place where needed.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:08 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the Flight Logger($25). It is a great way to check out a new installation(or changed installation) and see how the receivers are working. My money would be that you will have no problems. A good range check be comforting. However a Flight Log data check would make me feel better.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Howard

ORIGINAL: Clutch Cargo

Howard ....

They do make extentions for the remote rx, which would allow you to place where needed.
Clutch,
The extensions are a good idea - however, when I looked for them I could not find them on the Horizon website. If anyone has a link or the part number for the different remote receiver extensions please share it with us. By the way my wife and I migrated to the central Florida coast frm Lancaster, PA - small world.

Howard
Old 05-24-2008, 06:24 AM
Howard

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

I bought the Flight Logger($25). It is a great way to check out a new installation(or changed installation) and see how the receivers are working. My money would be that you will have no problems. A good range check be comforting. However a Flight Log data check would make me feel better.
Do you have an external connector for the flight logger so that you don't have to pull the plane apart to use it - if so what sort of connector system did you use. Thanks

Howard
Old 05-24-2008, 08:38 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Howard

ORIGINAL: Clutch Cargo

Howard ....

Clutch,
The extensions are a good idea - however, when I looked for them I could not find them on the Horizon website. If anyone has a link or the part number for the different remote receiver extensions please share it with us. By the way my wife and I migrated to the central Florida coast frm Lancaster, PA - small world.

Howard
The part you MAY want to use-is SPMAJST6 -a two part extension.
with aEFlite EFLREX12L connected at mid point - this makes 2 feet of extension -other lengths are available, so no cutting /soldering req'd
I have NOT tried this -as it is on it's way to me .
this is ALL light weight wire - and wll extend the s2nd rx to any location - the blinkin light on the remote should tell if is screwed up . (no light on rx!)
Being a Team JR guy - I hope this info helps you-If it does -pass it on.
PS- if you type in either of these numbers into the search box on Horizon site- you wil;l see similar products (different lenghts of either of these.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79730.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	955735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62177.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	955736