Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX6 radios/receivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:49 AM
flyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6 radios/receivers

Has anyone had any problems with the Spektrum DX6/DX6i radios?

I origainal had the DX6 and had tail wagging problems on 3 different models. I sent it back and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I then bought the DX6i to go with my AR6000 receivers which were suppose to work. I could not get the AR6000 to bind. I sent the DX6i and an AR6000 back for repair to Horrizon. They sent me another AR6000 receiver with the same DX6i Tx. It took me 4 min. and a walk through the house to get it to bind, but when I go to fly it takes at least 1 min. to take control with the Tx about 15 ft. away and my GWS speed control doesn't work, so I have to unplug and plug in the battery several time for it to work.

Before I sent the DX6i and AR6000 back to Horrizon for repair I bought an AR6100 which worked great and bound just like the DX6 and the AR6000. I am going to have to buy another AR6100 to work with the DX6i. [&o]
Old 05-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX6 radios/receivers

Well part of the issue is that your DX6 and AR6000's are DSM technology while the DX6i is DSM2 technology.

So in order for the DX6i to work with the AR6000's, it and the rx need to establish the link in DSM which is a secondary transmission mode for the DX6i. DSM mode also requires quite a bit more battery power than the DSM2, sorry but I don't have the exact specs handy or I'd give 'em to you.

I know it's going to cost you some bucks, but the little AR6100's are really nice little rx's and I use them in my foamies. Your DX6i can also operate the full range rx's like the AR6200 and I have one of those rx's in a glow powered trainer I keep around, works great.

If you're having issues with the GWS contoller, I'd change it out. The low voltage reboot issues with the Spektrum systems are most prevalent with electrically powered models, so I'd make sure your electrical system is up to the task. Make sure your new AR6100 rx's have the Quick Connect firmware update and that will minimize any difficulties you might experience with your power system.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1756
Old 05-26-2008, 06:12 AM
flyer22

Thanks Zeeb for the input. I just think that Spektrum should have said something about it taking so long to bind the AR6000 instead of advertizing that it works. All 3 of my models are Heli's so it is critical that I don't loose radio control. I fly planes also but they have a chance of recovering after lost of control.

I will buy another AR6100.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:37 PM
geraldss

I have a honey bee II heli..Bought it used and had the person fly it for me before i brought ot home. He kept his DX6i trans and receiver. i bought a new DX6i with AR6200 but am having probs with getting the upper head control servos to work. The motor and tail rotor work great, but with out upper controls its worthless. Whats my prob and what can i do to trouble shoot this?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Dorsal
My Feedback: (17)

flyer22 you can sell that used AR6000 for about $20 - $25 here on the Swap Meet. That should help reduce the cost of another AR6100.
geraldss, I hope someone else can help you with your problem. I've never used a DX6i.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
astroboycp

Seems like they are doing away with the BR6000 receivers is that right?
Old 05-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: geraldss

I have a honey bee II heli..Bought it used and had the person fly it for me before i brought ot home. He kept his DX6i trans and receiver. i bought a new DX6i with AR6200 but am having probs with getting the upper head control servos to work. The motor and tail rotor work great, but with out upper controls its worthless. Whats my prob and what can i do to trouble shoot this?
Not familiar with that heli, but it sounds like maybe you've not setup the swashplate mix?

Pages 79 & 89 of the manual, then you'll need to verify servo travel direction. Perhaps you might get the previous owner to give you his setup numbers as a start?