Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 3pm

Old 05-28-2008, 08:20 PM
bd323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3pm

I have a Futaba 3pm which I had in my Conquest boat. Today I binded the transmitter with a second receiver to use in my Rico Rigger. I added the second boat under a new model and gave it a name. It appears that the transmitter set under the Rico will still control the Conquest. I see this as a problem if I change boats at the lake and in error didn't change the trans to the correct model. Did I mess up the binding process or is this how it works?

Thanks
Brian

Old 05-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Silent-AV8R

Default RE: Futaba 3pm

You asked this exact question in the Futaba forum and got an answer from Krysta:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7548900/tm.htm

And I think I saw the same question asked on another forum as well.

Did you not believe Krysta, or what?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:26 PM
bd323

I still have questions and you can refer to my add'l post to Kyrsta. How is it that a product has 10 memory spots for different models but allows each model to respond to any memory slot on the radio. Maybe each model on the radio should only work the specific receiver it controls. I'm still not sure that my set up procedure was correct.

Brian

Old 05-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Silent-AV8R

Your transmitter will operate ALL the receivers that you bind to it. The model memory is where the set up for each model is saved. It does not know which receiver it is talking to.

So say you have 10 models saved. And that you have bound 10 receivers to that transmitter.

Now turn on all 10 receivers.

Select model #1. ALL 10 receivers will react to he commands for model #1.

Now select model #2. Again ALL 10 receivers will react to the commands saved as model #2.

Now select model #3. Again ALL 10 receivers will react to the transmitter for the commands saved as model #3.

Now if those receivers are in different models and you select model #1 in the transmitter and try to run model #3. The servos will move and so on. However, they will move as you programmed model #1. If Model #3 has very different programming then you may have an issue.

This is no different from a normal radio with multiple memories. You have to make sure that you select the correct model when you go to run your boat or car (3PM).

All I have done is explain what Krysta wrote:

This is normal. The transmitter will bind to numerous receivers, but you must make sure the other receivers are not powered on if you do not want them to react to your transmitter.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:29 AM
bd323

Thanks, it is what it is but I think having a specific receiver respond to a specific memory model would make more sense.

Brian
Old 05-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Silent-AV8R

Spektrum and JR 2.4 radios have that ability, they call it "Model Match". After 42 years in RC I have not found making sure I have the right model selected to be that big of a burden. But JR/Spektrum clearly felt that it was.