Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dumb Radio & RX Question.

Old 05-08-2003, 03:03 PM
darenm
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb Radio & RX Question.

This may be a dumb question but i don't have a clue, so any help would be great.

I have a Futaba Attack 4VF Radio & a big 7Ch RX that came with it. I use this for planes.

I just got a Piccolo Heli and need a small RX. Can i use the Hitec Feather Receiver or do i have to stick with the same brands.

Futaba TX & RX
Hitec TX & RX

or can i mix and match

Futaba TX & Hitec RX?

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:17 PM
strato911

Yes, you can use Hitec Rx with Futaba Tx. If you're buying used, be careful, since Hitec also makes Rx compatible with Airtronics.

Is your Futaba Attack 4VF an FM radio? The only Attack 4's I am familiar with were all AM. If it is AM, I would rather recommend getting a new system than trying to find a compatible receiver.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:24 PM
darenm
My Feedback: (2)

It's FM. This is the one i have:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXH223**&P=0

I got it with the ATF Avistar.
I would like to purchase a New RX. The Cheapest/lightest RX that will work with my radio. Any ideas? Oh i also need a Ch 40 Xtal. Is there different kinds of those?
Old 05-08-2003, 03:57 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HITEC Feather RX is fully compatible with your Futaba Attack 4 TX.

The Feather RX is a single conversion RX and therefore does not have the same range as other dual-conversion RXs. I wouldn't think that would be a problem with your Piccolo Heli -- you would be hard pressed to control it at the RX extreme range because it would be too small to see adequately. You also need to use a single-conversion Xtal with it -- you cannot mix and match your other XTAL(s).
Old 05-08-2003, 03:59 PM
strato911

Now I see why I was confused - That's a Skysport, not Attack.

I don't know which one is smallest and lightest, but the Hitec Feather Rx should work, or you can check out the ones from GWS (click here) or FMA (click here). Keep in mind that micro receivers typically have a reduced range compared to full sized receivers. When you order the receiver, buy the crystal at the same time. The receiver crystal should match the brand of the Rx.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:06 PM
rorywquin

There are no dumb questions !!
There are people who are to dumb to ask !!
Old 05-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the best and also smallest is the FMA M5. It is also one with range equal to any and all, you can put it in a quarter scale if you want. You can get it to match either negative or positive shift transmitters. noise rejection is also better than most other recievers.