Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12Z 2.4 channel assignments?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:34 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 12Z 2.4 channel assignments?

first of all this radio is fantastic once one understands it programming potential.
the amount of setup control leaves little if any excuse for not being able to trim a model out.
the manual of course is not in perfect lamens terms, but nevertheless it gets one through enough basics that the radio can be programmed after a mild learning curve.......a spare battery helps too
i just finished setting up a model for training and the 6EX 2.4 is the slave, so obviously the functions on the 12Z had to be changed to match the 6EX, and No, this is not a big deal.

now what i don't understand is what the Software Update Function Modification insert is saying as it shows whats been added to the menus and how to use the FASST system. ( the FASST part is where i'm stumped)
in this insert it shows a new set of channel assignments, and these differ from the original manual.
if i go by the insert, then i will be using the function menu to change things all the time.
this is what's said,
"below is a reference chart which has been created to obtain the optimum performance from the FASST system in conjunction with the channel mode and various swash types. It is important to note and adhere to this reference information in order to achieve the maximum performance from the model. As such, please connect the servos to the corresponding channels in the chart below."
in this chart it shows this when using the 6014FS Rx,
ch1-Aileron
ch2-Elevator
ch3-Throttle or Pitch (4 columns, 2 for Multi ch mode and 2 for 7 ch mode for the FASSR systems)
ch4-Rudder
and so on.......

in the original manual it shows
ch1-Elevator
ch2-Rudder
ch3-Throttle
ch4-Aileron
and so on, but always shows these as the first connects for airplane, and using the 5014Rx.

my question is which one do i go by?
Old 06-01-2008, 07:11 PM
summerwind

Default RE: 12Z 2.4 channel assignments?

many thx to Joe (rc4flying) for the phone call and explaining just how this system works.
Joe has opened a whole new perspective for me and it's now all the more reason for me to get into the 3D act.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new 12Z. The biggest thing to overcome in programming these new high end Futabas is not to over-think it.

You can get a headache trying to figure how to do things like the 9C or 8U, only to find that it's already done for you, or requires only a couple of clicks in a menu. Keep in mind that almost anything can be connected to almost anything, and almost everything can be moved almost anywhere.

It gets a lot easier once you have programmed a plane or two.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: Flying Geezer

Congrats on your new 12Z. The biggest thing to overcome in programming these new high end Futabas is not to over-think it.

You can get a headache trying to figure how to do things like the 9C or 8U, only to find that it's already done for you, or requires only a couple of clicks in a menu. Keep in mind that almost anything can be connected to almost anything, and almost everything can be moved almost anywhere.

It gets a lot easier once you have programmed a plane or two.
you got that right. these radios are amazing to say the least.
i've spent most of the day exploring it and if i can't trim out a model with this Tx, then i should go back to kites
but i can hear the countdown timer on this one