Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

AM or FM Receiver and Transmitter, Make any difference to speed controller?

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

AM or FM Receiver and Transmitter, Make any difference to speed controller?

Old 06-04-2008, 09:47 AM
KamikazeParanoia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AM or FM Receiver and Transmitter, Make any difference to speed controller?

i have a speed controller here which seems to be faulty, (the motor and servo dont move) and i have emailed the seller and they asked my setup then asked if i could try it with an FM radio instead of AM, could/would this make any difference to the speed controller or servo??
i cant imagine it would but i thought it would be better to ask than to buy one and find out!

Thanks everyone
Old 06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

Default RE: AM or FM Receiver and Transmitter, Make any difference to speed controller?

ORIGINAL: KamikazeParanoia

i have a speed controller here which seems to be faulty, (the motor and servo dont move) and i have emailed the seller and they asked my setup then asked if i could try it with an FM radio instead of AM, could/would this make any difference to the speed controller or servo??
i cant imagine it would but i thought it would be better to ask than to buy one and find out!
"AM or FM Receiver and Transmitter, Make any difference to speed controller?"
No !!!!

Did your radio gear work previously? If it did, then of course that isn't the problem. If it didn't, or you don't know, then it could. If you bought the esc used on ebay or somewhere remember that in many cases you are buying something that was previously "someone else's problem."
Old 06-04-2008, 10:03 AM
KamikazeParanoia

Default RE: AM or FM Receiver and Transmitter, Make any difference to speed controller?

i didnt think so, the signal from the receiver to the speed controller would still be the same..
the ESC was from ebay but brand new and one of many they have sold so if it is faulty its probably just chance
everything else works fine i, its just the esc that doesnt

p.s RTR is usually ready to run unless you're traxxas [:-]
Old 06-04-2008, 10:10 AM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

EScs do not care what sort of radio it is. Plain and simple, if the radio equipment works you should be fine and the problem is the ESC. If the radio equipment is faulty, then that could be the problem.