Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba R114H compat.??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 09:04 PM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba R114H compat.??

Hey folks...question for ya

I'm trying to throw some guts in a bang around plane. I have this old Futaba FP-R114H 4 channel reciever. It's narrow band stickered in '91 operating on channel 54. I"m not sure if it is AM or FM as it doesn't say on it. What I want to do is use it with my hitec transmitter...preferably the one on channel 26. Is there a shift problem with this? I have another one on 52 but would much prefer to use the one on 26. Also...if it is AM will it work with my FM transmitter?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2003, 09:10 PM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

Ahh, I see now that it's AM. I do have another one on the same channel that's FM though....It's a 7 channel rec. on ch. 54, so my shift question still stands.

thanks
Old 05-10-2003, 12:02 AM
strato911

Futaba and Hitec both shift the same (negative). However, as you probably guessed, you won't be able to control the AM receiver with the FM transmitter. The potential problem with moving the Rx from ch54 to ch26 is reduced range. Futaba is the only manufacture who center tunes their receivers for either the upper or lower half of the 72Mhz band.

Also, don't forget to use a Futaba crystal with your Futaba Rx. Some people have used Hitec, but that's just inviting disaster to hit.