Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba to Jr Connector

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Doctorl12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba to Jr Connector

I have an XS3 I just bought. I wanted a fail safe so I picked up the futaba failsafe. Stupid of me i didnt think about the connectors fitting into each other. Can I buy a connector for this?
Old 05-09-2003, 10:03 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Use a sharp knife and trim the Futaba connector to look like a JR connector. Jr servos plug into Futaba receivers without modification. I don't have Futaba fail safe, but I suspect it is a device that goes between the RX and the throttle servo. So your JR throttle should plug right into the futaba, and the failsafe plug (after trimming) should plug righ into a JR receiver.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Doctorl12

thanks you, if i mess up with which way the connector goes into the reciever will it short anything out?
Old 05-09-2003, 10:11 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

No. all servos use three wires. one is positive, one negative and one signal. the positive and negative are never on pins 1 and three. If they were, then there might be a problem if it gets reversed. But since negative is generally on pin 1 or 3, and positive is on pin 2, if you get them reversed, postive is still in the middle and negative and signal are reversed. nothing bad happens. look at the color of the wire on the other servos. generally the negative is black or brown on all brands.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Doctorl12

thanks you
Old 05-10-2003, 07:35 AM
linclogs

For more information about different brands of connectors (and pictures!), try this link:

http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html