Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 10C is on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Skaluf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 10C is on the way!

Futaba 10C...the wait is over!

Well guys, if you've not ordered your 10C yet you might want to do so right away as they WILL be here next week. We received word this morning that they have left the factory and will shortly be loaded onto an airliner. Without a doubt the first shipment will sell out very quickly. However, another shipment is coming in right behind the first one, in just a matter of days. This is one hot radio, don't miss out!

Steve Kaluf
Hobbico
Futaba Marketing
Old 06-10-2008, 10:27 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default RE: Futaba 10C is on the way!

Is this information direct from Futaba or Tower Hobbies??
NEDYOB
Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Skaluf

Good morning,

Hobbico is the parent company of Tower Hobbies and Great Planes Model Distributors. We are the North American Distributor for Futaba. The information I posted is the information provided to us by Futaba in Japan.

Steve Kaluf
Hobbico
Futaba Marketing
Old 06-10-2008, 01:29 PM
nedyob

Well I've had my 10C on back order, so hopefully I will be one of the first on the shiping list.
NEDYOB
Old 06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
DougV

In stock! limited quantities

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=JRB
Old 06-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Yeah, as long as you want a Heli. Airplane versions due late July, according to the nice lady at Tower an hour ago.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Skaluf

ORIGINAL: Teachu2

Yeah, as long as you want a Heli. Airplane versions due late July, according to the nice lady at Tower an hour ago.
Actually, both will be in stock to some extent tomorrow. Supplies are very limited on the airplane version due to the huge amount of backorders. It will take a month or so to have solid stock on both versions.

Steve Kaluf
Hobbico
Assistant Marketing Manager
Futaba, OS Engines, RealFlight
Old 06-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Teachu2

Good to hear.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:40 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Skaluf

Futaba 10C...the wait is over!

Well guys, if you've not ordered your 10C yet you might want to do so right away as they WILL be here next week. We received word this morning that they have left the factory and will shortly be loaded onto an airliner. Without a doubt the first shipment will sell out very quickly. However, another shipment is coming in right behind the first one, in just a matter of days. This is one hot radio, don't miss out!

Steve Kaluf
Hobbico
Futaba Marketing
well i'm a Mode I flyer so if i'd have waited this out i'd be throwin knives in your back...............

i'm glad i went ahead and bought the 12Z, but the 12Z flyers Club thing is a big joke, and i will probably get the word out on that one...........after 3 weeks of emails, PM's and even a couple phone callls.......nuthin, nada.......zip

so Skaluf........if you really care about customers, then do something about this for me and all the others that have been scammed by this so called Flyers Club.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teachu2, if all you can find at your LHS or Tower is a heli version and want the radio, you should get the heli version. Both versions have programming for all model types and if you try a smooth throttle stick, I think you might find you actually like it more than ratcheted. I started flying helis a few years ago, so I smoothed out the throttle stick on my airplane version 9C and now I won't go back to a ratchet even when flying airplanes.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:33 PM
victorzamora

OH NO!! That's NOT good!! I know it'll piss a lot of you off for me to say this, but I want a chance to Backorder my 10c before they come out!! I have the money for it, but my parents don't see the need in me spending $600 for a radio. I want to backorder it just because I've always envied the people in a position to buy something brand new the second it comes out. I've never been able to....until now. Problem is I'm going to have to BEG my parents to let me buy it ASAP.

I just begged them to let me buy a foamy a couple months ago....and will be begging for 1) a Super Skybolt. 2) an Aeroworks Baby Edge. 3) Gas engine for my P47. 4) Sig Wonder 5) Dual Ace 6) I'm not sure, but by the time I get the other 5 i'll probably have a couple more. Big list, I know. My eyes are bigger than my wallet, but isn't that the way it always works?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 PM
summerwind

well,
Skaluf has read my PM, and still no help.
this flyers club registration was a complete waste of time, and it is something that Futaba corporate is going to hear about......i seriously doubt that Futaba sells their product to people only to have them go through a bunch of BS because some lazy ***** managers don't take the time to do their job.
after being a Futaba loyalist for 30 some years, Futaba is slowly becoming a four letter word over this stupid FC thing.
Hobbico, you people shouldn't be allowed to handle such a great product and mistreat us who spend our hard earned money the way you do.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:10 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: summerwind

well,
this flyers club registration was a complete waste of time, and it is something that Futaba corporate is going to hear about......i seriously doubt that Futaba sells their product to people only to have them go through a bunch of BS because some lazy ***** managers don't take the time to do their job.
after being a Futaba loyalist for 30 some years, Futaba is slowly becoming a four letter word over this stupid FC thing.
Hobbico, you people shouldn't be allowed to handle such a great product and mistreat us who spend our hard earned money the way you do.

I think its kind of ironic you said in the thread about the Fasst heat problems that you
didnt think there was a problem and that people that said it was a problem was either
stupid or lying.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:53 AM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: ira d

well,

I think its kind of ironic you said in the thread about the Fasst heat problems that you
didnt think there was a problem and that people that said it was a problem was either
stupid or lying.
OMG, another illiterate reader...............that opinion was about the heat issue, so it has nothing to do with what i'm asking for. my statement here was about more broken promises. go order a 10C on Mode I right now if you can.......the man said they were in stock next week right?
thing is, right after his post, Tower showed the Mode II version "in stock, limited quantities" and showed the Mode I version as "late July"..........which right after my post to Skaluf, the delvery date for the Mode I version was changed back to "mid June"..................
Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 AM
pilotpete2

What's the big deal about stick mode[:-], after all, this is a Futaba radio with all four modes available, no biggie to switch it to any mode you want[8D]
Pete
Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 AM
ira d

I have to wonder who illiterate, But the reason I said what I did was
because you seem so gung ho about Futaba like they can do no wrong.

However the moment you feel done wrong by them its a different story,
However when others complain about Futaba they are wrong.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:29 PM
summerwind

ira,
i apologize sincerely if i took your quote of my post from another topic the wrong way. if you would have explained it this way then i would not have been such an ***** in my response.
i think you are missing my point, i never said anywhere in here i was against Futaba....i am so confident with my Futaba gear that i will not buy another brand.
my issue is with the BS from the retailer/supplier..................
Old 06-17-2008, 01:15 PM
ira d

ira,
i apologize sincerely if i took your quote of my post from another topic the wrong way. if you would have explained it this way then i would not have been such an ***** in my response.
i think you are missing my point, i never said anywhere in here i was against Futaba....i am so confident with my Futaba gear that i will not buy another brand.
my issue is with the BS from the retailer/supplier..................

Cool I accept your aplogogy and I do understand the difference between
Futaba USA and Futaba Japan, However as far as the heat issue problem
is concearned to the end user the lines become very blurry.

I for one do not think Futaba is telling up all there is about the heat issue,
And where or not its the U.S. branch or Japan is not my concearn but
they need to get it togather. Any way I wont post on the heat issue in
thread any more, But I felt you were a little harsh on the ones that were
having the problem, And also IMO no one needs to try to defend Futaba
esecially when they wont come on and defend themselves.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
summerwind

ira,

Futaba has taken the runaround approach here by posting a tmep limit in their manual.......this excludes them from liability because if you crash, and they can prove that you Rx was overheated, or the unit works at the speciied temp, then they are off the hook.

it's just like the topic where we talked about how servos deflect to a certain point when turning the Fasst Rx's on, and the reply was that digitals don't do it...............wanna bet?
but i get to the point where i just say Screw it and move on. life is too short to let every detail get you down, and the 2.4 system Futaba has out is so rock solid, that i just want to enjoy flying as often as i can, and it's great not having to have Frequency pins.

the Flyrs Club thing however is going to corporate as i think someone is lying.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:24 PM
bgold

My LHS called today and said they received notification my Mode 1 10-C is on the way, should be here Friday or Monday.

What the heck is so important with the Futaba flyers club
Old 06-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Teachu2

Thanks to Steve K, I was watching Tower's availability and called my local guy while they were in stock. Got one on the way at a fantastic price.......
Old 06-18-2008, 10:29 PM
bgold

Summerwind, I saw on another thread that First inital and full last name, all lower case, is the user name for futaba flyers club and the 8 digit serial number of your radio is the password.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:36 PM
nedyob

Looks like I may get a visit from the Soul Santa tommarow delivering my 10C
NEDYOB
Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 PM
twinturbostang

Me too. UPS says they are coming to my house tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:08 AM
nedyob

Just checked the UPS on lineand my 10C and its arrived at the Soul Santa House and being put on his sled as we speak for deliverly. God Christmas in June is great even without the snow.

Well my 10C just arrived, and Im getting ready to open the box. Catch ya all later.
NEDYOB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.