Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 3152 servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 3152 servo problem

I have a OMP Yak 65 inch profile 3D with Futaba 3152 servos on the ailerons. Approx 50 flights to date.

I have a problem with significant free play in both servos around the neutral point. This was evident after the first flight and has not got any worse. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a common problem?

Is it worth my while replacing the gear trains or does anyone else have a fix.

It is a little disconcerting to get it in the hover and see both ailerons fluttering gently. [ Yes the linkages are solid and slop free. The play is in the servos.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:31 AM
JCINTEXAS

Default RE: Futaba 3152 servo problem

I wish I was back in Canada (Calgary). It's 95 to 100 everyday here in Texas.
I have the Futaba 3152 servos in my Tower Kaos 40.
With 10 gallons of flying on this airplane, there is no "slop"...no problems at all. Granted my Kaos isn't the same as your "3D" model, so the servo loads are different. Just wanted to mention these are the best servos I've ever used.
Regards
JC
Old 06-14-2008, 01:25 AM
freeair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this does sound unuasul as the gears in these and most servos have very fine teeth and if you are experiencing excess free play , either the teeth are badly worn or maybe your control arm / shaft end is worn causing this play. firstly check the control arm by removing it and fitting a new one, if there is no play evident at this area you need to replace the servo gears or maybe one gear.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:51 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Could do with some but not all of that Texas heat. It is in the 50s hear in Prince George BC. We retired with the intent of spending as much time as possible in shorts and T shirts. Flying involves jackets and GLOVES at the moment.

OK I have checked the servo arms and they are OK, it may be sloppy gear trains. I have used 3152s before and always had a good tight control links.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:37 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds more like a bad pot to me