Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Faast 2.4ghz

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:44 AM
grimmy55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faast 2.4ghz

Hi All, Just a quicky question I,m picking up my Futaba 2.4ghz radio tomorrow ,I,ve already got a 7cap ,now can I put a buddy cord between the 2 1/ being 2.4 the other being F.M(40 Mhz)
2/ next part I,m on Mode 1 will it work if my partners on mode 2 if not what have I got to switch for it to work
thanks all GRimmy
Old 06-14-2008, 09:22 AM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Faast 2.4ghz

you will get a better answer asking in the futaba forum.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:27 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

My understanding is that the buddy (trainer box) Tx module is not used when connected to the Master Tx. You would need of course a Rx compatible with the Master Tx. In fact you can remove the Tx module from the trainer box and it will make no difference.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:41 PM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are not transmitting from the Buddy box, so it does not require a module or an RF output section.

It is best to use a computer radio as the Buddy Box when the Master is a computer radio. I have seen all kinds of problems pop up, both with JR and Futaba, when the Buddy Box is not fully compatible. In some cases, the Buddy Box only works on High Rates, no matter what the Master is set to. Sometimes, the Trims are out of sync, slightly. Sometimes, the Buddy Box does not work at all with the Master. If the Buddy Box is a computer radio, sometimes you have to go in to the programmins of the Buddy Box and make changes. You should use a vacant Model Memory, in the Buddy Box, and configure accordingly.

Interestingly enough, I know a guy who uses a Hitec computer radio as a Buddy Box for his Jr DX7. He uses the Hangar 9 Trainer Cable that has Futaba on one end and JR on the other.

Talk to others who have hooked radios together successfully and be sure to specify exactly which Tx model you plan on using for the Master and Slave.

Even then, try it and see if it works, on the ground, of course
Old 06-15-2008, 01:25 AM
grimmy55

In other words by plugging in the two units together with the buddy cord I wont damage the computerization inside either, just worried about that side of things ,Just picked Faast unit up looks good to me just got to figure things out ,just when I,ve got used to the 7 cap thanks for thaT MATES
Old 06-15-2008, 09:41 AM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With JR, when you plug the Trainer Cord into the Trainer port on each TX, it turns on the power to the display but does not transmit any RF. The Power Switch is turned on, for the Master TX, so it can transmit. The Power Switch is turned off on the Slave Tx. The only requirement is that the Master and Slave Tx must have a Charged battery.

With Futaba, the Buddy Box gets it's power from the Master Tx and does not need a battery.

Many times, some channels on the Buddy Box need to be reversed, to match the servo direction of the Master Tx. In that respect, you need to check the Servo Reverse settings in the Buddy Box, every time you use it. Some people use a Tx, as a Buddy Box, that they use later to fly their own plane. If you forget to Reset the Servo Reversing, if it has been changed, you could Crash your airplane. This was more prevalent with Non-Computer radios that had No model memories.

When using a computer radio as a Buddy Box, switch to an Unused Model Memory and label it Training. Always switch to that Model Memory when you are going to use that Tx for a Buddy Box

The programming of the Master Tx is not changed by plugging in a Buddy Box. In some Tx's, like the Spektrum DX7, you do go into the Master Tx programming and turn on the Trainer Function. If you don't have a Buddy Box connected to the Master Tx, it just displays a warning message that you are in Trainer Mode. It does not affect the Master Tx when you are flying without a Buddy Box attached.