Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9CAP Set Up Help

Old 06-22-2008, 05:47 PM
AZTWINS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP Set Up Help

I just converted my 9CAP to 2.4 spektrum. I have a wildhare 540 and I'm trying to use the spektrum 7000 receiver, but I can't get one of my eleveator halves to operate.

Here is how I currently have it set up:
throttle - throttle
aileron - right aileron
elevator - right elevator
rudder - rudder
gear - choke
aux 1 - left elevator
aux 2 - left aileraon

Radio set up:
PARAMETER
type- acrobatic
modul - PPM
atl - on
ail - 2 - ch6or7
Flaperon - other wing mix "on"
Flap/trim - INH
Ail diff - ACT
Ailvator - ACT

Everything works except for my left elevator.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mickey
Old 06-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Smacka

Default RE: 9CAP Set Up Help

Aileron should be Aux 1. Elevator should be Aux 2, then you will be fine...

Have a great day,
Smacka
Old 06-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Campgems

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one model setup like you want. THe only difference that I think I see is on Ailvator it set
Mix > ACT
Rate- AIL3>0%
AIL4>0%

ELE2> -100%
ELE1> +100%

ELE1 is on Chan 2
ELE2 is on Chan 8

Ailerons are on Chan 1 adn Chan 7

It's been a couple years since I set this up, but it worked fine a couple weeks back when I last flew it.

Don

Edit; I just remembered something else, I'm on 72mhz and flying a PCM receiver. Not sure if the PCM vs PPM makes a difference here.

Don
Old 06-22-2008, 08:03 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the 9CAP and the 8AUPS the Ailevator program is designed for mixing Elevator halves. It defaults to Ch2 for Right Elevator and Ch8 for Left Elevator. It also allows you to have the Elevator halves move with the Ailerons, but I do not know anyone who uses that feature. I dial out the Aileron component of Ailevator.

For the Ailerons, you should use either the Flaperon program, Right Aileron on Ch1 and Left Aileron on Ch6, or Differential Aileron, Right Aileron on Ch1 and Left Aileron on Ch7.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Campgems

I think that the few users of that feature is the result of some noticable lag on the seconday elevator half. But only for those who are good eough pilots to notice. I didn't know this problem existed on the 9c until a couple weeks back. For my sloppy flying, it doesn't matter.. Kind of like me taking Tiger Woods bag of clubs and giving him a sack of sticks. He is still going to whip my butt in a game. I don't play good enought that the clubs, or sticks matter that much.

Don
Old 06-23-2008, 11:21 AM
pilotpete2

Hi Mickey,
I think your problem is due to trying to have the second elevator servo on aux 2, you don't have aux 2 available when using a 7 channel receiver, as it is channel 8[&o]
Your second aileron half should be setup on channel 6, or flap.
The second elevator can be set up on aux 1 using a P-mix, rather than using the ailervator mix.
MIX>ON
MAS>2:ELEV
SLV>7:AUX1
LINK>OFF
TRIM>ON Very important, this will make the elevator trim active on both halves
SW>any switch
POSI> NULL this will make the mix active at all times regardless of switch position/assignment.
I hope this is of some help
Pete
Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 PM
slopoke
My Feedback: (16)

Similar problem:

I got the elevator halves to work properly using a p-mix, Link on. I did not use the ailevator function, ailerons in 1 and aux1 on the reciever. Elevator on 2 and aux 2. Works perfectly.

Setting the spoilerons and elevator in air brake only moves 1 half of elevator.
Setting elevator to flap mix works same way.

Will I have to do p-mixes to make these work?

slopoke
Old 06-27-2008, 11:25 PM
AZTWINS

Please forgive me, I must be an idiot. To the best of my ability I have followed the directions that have been posted, and I still can't get it to work. I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!! With that in mind, I have reset the model in the radio to start from scratch. Could somebody walk me thru step by step how to set this up.

Here is what I have:

Servos on plane:
Throttle
Choke
Right Aileron
Left Aileron
Rudder
Right Elevator
Left Elevator

Receiver:
Spectrum AR 7000 with the following terminals:
THO
AILE
ELEV
RUD
GEAR
AUX 1
AUX 2
BATT

Radio (9cap):
AUX-CH Screen
CH5 - Sw-E
CH6 - Vr-A
CH7 - Vr-C
CH8 - Vr-b

Parameter Screen
Type - Acrobatic
Modul - PPM
ATL - On
Ail 2 - CH6 or 7

All the settings on the Advance screen have been reset to default as well.

Sorry to be a pain on this. I know it should be easy but I'm missing something and it is getting frustrating.

Thanks for your help and patience.
Mickey
Old 06-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Campgems

I looked at the manual for the RF module for the 9C and all I found was reference to the channel layout for the 12z and 14z. One thing you should keep in mind that the 9C has to be in PPM mode and that changes the channel assignments. IE the 9c becomes an 8 channel TX.

I would post your problem to the Specktrum Tech support. Until you can determine how the module is mapping the 9C channels, you are going to have a very dificult time getting things correct.

Cross manufacture conversions are seldom clean. If for nothing else, the nomenclature is often different. IE the 9C doesn't refer to Aux 1 and Aux 2. It goes by channel numbers. If you know what channel Aux 1 is on the specktrum, then you can translate it to the 9C setup. You may get some clues if you look at the details for the Fasst module for the 9C. See if it gives a clue as to the channel translation.

Good luck.

Don
Old 06-28-2008, 07:10 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 9CAP, but I do not have the Spektrum module. The channel order on a JR/Spektrum receiver is Thro(1), Ail(2), Elev(3), Rud(4), Gear(5), Aux1, Aux2. The channel order on the Futaba is Ail(1), Elev(2), Thro(3), Rud(4), Gear(5), Flap(6), Ch7.

Did you plug in the Ail, Elev, Thro, Rud servos into the ports, on the AR7000, using the Futaba channel order or the JR/Spektrum channel order?

You should be able to use the Flaperon program to mix Ail ch and Flap ch and you should be able to use a Pmix to mix Elev ch and Aux2. Be sure to disable the assigned switch for Flap and Aux2.

If you used the Aileron Differential program, it defaults to mixing Ail (1) and Ch7, for Ail, which means you would need to mix Elev (2) and Flap (6) for Elev.