Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What Spektrum reciever to work with DSM ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:14 PM
cepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Spektrum reciever to work with DSM ?

OK .. I have a DX6 transmitter flying several parkflyers.. but is there a Spektrum reciever that will fly full range aircraft that can be used with the DX6's DSM transmitter ????

( I also have a DX6i and a DX7 systems) but just want to get more use from my DX6 .. thx. Mike
.... please respond to : [email protected]
Old 06-23-2008, 02:47 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: What Spektrum reciever to work with DSM ?

Nope, there's only one receiver that works with it and its a park flyer reciever.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry the DX6 system is a Park Flyer only system.

The R6000 RX is the only RX that will work with the DX6. The JR systems are reverse compatible or legacy capable. Meaning they will run older RX's but the older TX's will not run the newer RX's.

Troy Newman
Team JR
Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 AM
cepilot

Troy .. thanks for the info ! ... I see that you are a local ( AZ ) also ! .. Im a member of the AZ ModleCropdusters ( 101 freeway and Thomas Rd. field ) and the AUX 6 Flyers ( Luke Aux6 airfield , out towards Buckeye) .. I'd like to invite you come fly at the Cropdusters field some Sunday ? ( my usual day to fly) ... again thx . for the info ( I was pretty sure of the facts, but just wanted to ask someone in the know about my DX6 ... Mike Harlow
Old 07-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Sully5047

Hello all, I need some help. I am fairly new to RC (less than a year) but I have flown several planes and seem to be progressing. I am not looking to become competitive or anything but recently I was talked into buying my own radio system. I bought a Spektrum DX7 that came with an AR6100 receiver. My question is this....maybe I should have asked this before, is this radio capable of flying most everything out there if I get into larger aircraft? Do I just need a different receiver if I fly anything other than electric? I have flown nothing but electric parkflyers and my next plane looks like it will be the Pulse XT 25e. The box says this receiver is a parkflyer receiver. Forgive me if I sound like a newbie but did I buy the wrong radio system? I was looking for something that would allow me to grow if someday I wound up flying larger scale planes. I have the Spektrum DX7 Microlite 2.4 GHz DSM2 for aircraft. Any thoughts on this?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

The 6100 is a park flyer reciever, the radio is full range. If you want a larger plane then get a 6200 or 7000 reciever and you will be ready to go.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Sully5047

Great....then this receiver should work in most parkflyers like a Groupner T28 Trojan?