Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Glitches when transmitter is off on my new JR R610

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Glitches when transmitter is off on my new JR R610

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 12:48 AM
tocano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitches when transmitter is off on my new JR R610

I just bought a new receiver JR R610 micro. I noticed that when the transmitter is off it glitches all the time. This doesn't happen with my other 4 channel receiver. Is this normal? The glicthes stop when I switch the transmitter on. I just wonder if it will glitch when I am flying my plane at some distance.
Please comment. Thank you.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:30 AM
Ed

It's normal. I can't speak directly to the JR R610, it just might be more sensitive then the others. But any receiver, when first turned on, searches for it's mother like a lost baby. In this case, it's mother is the signal emitted by the transmitter, and baby needs to lock on to be happy.

Your criteria should be, glitchless performance up to the end of your normal range check. IE - Tx on, antenna collapsed, 50 paces, or whatever your manual indicates for safe flying.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:31 AM
strato911

Although I am unfamiliar with JR equipment, I CAN say that many receivers glitch when the transmitter is turned off, especially if you have fluorescent lights (turned on) within 50 feet.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:02 AM
tocano

Default Receiver

Thanks guys for the information. It's good to hear that it's normal now I can fly my planes with confidence. I'll still check the distance with the aerial down and do the usual safety checks.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:09 AM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

Default Glitches,

If you're powering up the receiver without the transmitter being on, any receiver will freak out. Without the signal from the xmtr, the antenna might be picking up stray signals from the air. It is normal, but it could be harmful to your servos. A stray signal could cause a uncommanded throw of a servo that would drive the servo to its limits. This could cause damage or at the least, binding of the servo. You should always turn on your system in this order: transmitter on, then receiver switch. Turning off should be the opposite: receiver switch off first, then transmitter. Just food for thought.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:21 AM
tocano

Yes, I have started the correct way now. Maybe my old JR 4 channel receiver is an exception. I can turn it on without the transmitter and no glitches.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:17 PM
strato911

Some can tolerate it, some can't.

My Futaba, Hitec and Polk's receivers don't complain except sometimes when I have my fluorescent lights on. More than once I've started my engine with the receiver on, and realize I forgot to turn on the Tx when the throttle doesn't respond.