Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

How satisfied are YOU with your New Futaba 10C Tx??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Totally Satisfied (95-100%)
43.44%
Very Satisfied ( 85-95%)
31.97%
Satisfied (70 - 84%)
7.38%
Somewhat Satisfied (50 - 69%)
2.46%
Somewhat Dissatisfied (40% - 49%)
0%
Dissatisfied (25- 39%)
4.10%
Very Dissatisfied (10 - 24%)
2.46%
I''m returning it ! (0 - 9%)
8.20%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

How satisfied are YOU with your New Futaba 10C Tx??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:17 PM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How satisfied are YOU with your New Futaba 10C Tx??

I hope it's worth it. I just purchased one this evening. I've been a JR person for ten years and have always loved their systems. Easy programming was always at the top of my list and they have proven to be very reliable. Will see how the 10C works out. I know the quality is there, but I am concerned over learning to program a new system.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:38 AM
diviatix

Programming the 10c is a breeze CaptainHook.

Both JR and Futaba have good radios in this class.

My best flying buddy went with the x9303, I went 10c. Here's a couple examples of 10c programming ease vs the x9303.

We both fly similar giant scale aerobatic planes with similar skillsets.

Mixing roll coupling out of knife edge flight- 10c: 3 landings 10 minutes, X9303: 6 landings 20 minutes
3D throttle curve flatspotted at the hover moved to half stick- 10c: 1 landing 5 minutes, X9303: 3 landings 20 minutes

Don't misunderstand - I like the X9303 (especially for the little bind-n-fly planes he can use; servo slowing for retracts; servo mating for multi servo surfaces).

We have found that while the two radios have very similar functionality, in many cases I end up with a mix and my buddy doesn't - due to the pain in the butt "fiddle-factor".

Enjoy your radio.

Cheers,

Andrew.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 AM
pilotpete2

Hi Andrew,
You can fly those BNF planes with your 10C, the Spektrum DM8 module is compatible with the 10C[8D]
I use both modules in a 9Cs, FASST for the bigger stuff and Spektrum for the parkfliers.

Pete
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 AM
victorzamora

I'd honestly consider a Spektrum module for my 10C, but I modded it to be an "integrated" system. I am drooling over both the Parkzone Vapor and the Blade mCX.

Back to the 10C, though. I'm impressed with both the resolution and the speed of the connection. I've gotten some flights in on some good-flying planes...and now I can really feel the difference between 2.4GHz and 72MHz. I'm ordering a chopper soon and can't wait to see if it has the same issues the 9C had with helis. I'm really excited about having to program that radio for a chopper.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:30 PM
CaptainHook

Well.... So far this has not been a breeze to set up. As far as general functions the system it is a breeze to go through and follow. I am currently trying to set up the butterfly (crow) for my sailplane using a R617FS receiver. The book instructions for this set up forces you to jump back and forth from page to page to learn anything (or try to). Not exactly easy to follow when you have to go to page 38 from 63 and then to page 80 to try to understand anything. Either Futaba needs a good tech writer or I am a real dummy. []

To my surprise the 7 channel receiver is the battery connection as well as channel 7. What gives with that when the instructions suggest using channel 7 for one of your ailerons? Still learning all this as I am new to the 2.4 world and latest Futaba technology and I am only familiar with my JR 72mhz stuff over the past few years. Not going to give a thumbs up or down at this point as I have only had a couple nights to dig in and learn. But, my first impression is not a good one.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:17 AM
DougV

You may find some help here: http://www.2.4gigahertz.com/faq/faq-10c-2_4ghz.html

And with the R617, you can use a Y connection for the batt on channel 7, or just plug the batt to any open channel.

Doug.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:24 PM
CaptainHook

After a week of giving this radio a hard try I had no choice to give it the big thumbs down. I guess I will eventually figure it out but I wish I would of invested in a new JR.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:05 PM
victorzamora

What are you having a hard time figuring out?  The radio is pretty easy to use...I don't know what's not straightforward about it.  Can you be more specific about what you don't like about it?

I've programmed plenty of JR's and am glad I use Futabas.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:04 PM
CaptainHook

Victor,

I am trying to mix crow or as termed butterfly with the R617FS receiver in glider mode 2A+2F.I am using 2.4/ch7 selection mode. Following the screen menuis extremely easy on this radio but the mix is just not taking place after following all instructions. Ail2 (CH7), Flp1 (CH6), Flp2 (CH5) and Ail1 (CH1) is what I am using for 2A+2F settings. I am wanting the crow to work on the throttle (CH3) using servos on the above separate channels.

I have startedat page 82 of the manual(AIL-FLP GLID 2A+AF), then go on to page 63forbutterfly, then to page 80 for additional butterfly settings and then to page 38forCH3 throttle. The radio is not the problem, it's the manual. I can easily get to the settings in the radio and change them but I have no idea where to start first. The manual jumps around too much for me to understand how I got to a point, and back tracking is all but impossibleto find my errors.I'm sure I wouldn't have this problem if Futaba had put an easy to follow alongfrom start to finish for this mix.A good start first point and end point would go along way. Maybe I'm just not reading close enough and you or others can help.

With all that said,this is where I am currently at. I've been able to get all servos to function on the aileron stick (no good as I only need two) and only one flap servo is working on the throttle and I need all 4. I canadjust travel on two aileron servos and one flap servo in the screen set up for 2A+2F. The other flap servohas no adjustment settingavailable in theselection screen. One flap servo will movewhen advancing the throttle stick to center and the otherdoes not start to function until I reach center. This is the closet Ihave come to mixingthis in 21/2 hours time. Crow should be flaps down at center throttle stick and ailerons up. Ailerons should work asnormal whenthrottle is at lowered position with no flap servo actuation.

Batteries are charging, so I'll give this a try again tomorrow.Sure would like to get this going so I can sell the 8103.

Thanks,
Old 05-18-2009, 07:38 PM
CaptainHook

Finally solved.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:39 AM
VictoryRoll
My Feedback: (2)

Very glad to hear that you got that problem w/ programing solved.  I too, have had troubles, but all-in-all, I am very happy w/ the 10C and it's programming abilities.

While we have a few people that are watching this post, let me ask this question (again):

A while back I asked a bunch or users if they were interested in a forum where you could both ask programming questions specific to a radio, beyond what is found either here or on the Futaba website.  I am also curious if I made such a forum site, would having a forum for each specific radio (which is not found either here on RCU or RCGroups)  be of help to all?  Maybe a forum for programming for a (each) specific radio ONLY would be helpful to all, including myself?

If so, I would be happy to open it up, as I enjoy moderating various forums for my workplace, and would not find it all that more difficult to add  some for each radio on the market or by request.

Your thoughts? 

Thanks,
Don

Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 AM
victorzamora

CaptainHook: I'm glad you got it resolved.  I was about to break out a receiver and 4 spare servos just to try setting it up myself to help you out when my helicopter got here...so you can see why I didn't get a chance to work on glider programming.  I've never even had to deal with programming gliders, so I was compleely lost .

fishingships: I think it's a good idea, but I'm not sure if you'll get as much traffic there.  I mean, I feel like people are on RCU for more than to help others (or get help).  That web site would require people with good knowledge of these radios to browse it with the sole purpose of helping others.  I just don't think that you're really going to get the kind of response you're looking for.  I'm sure many would post problems, but how many would be there to post solutions?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:32 PM
VictoryRoll

victorzamora,

I tend to agree, on all accounts.  I just thought if it would help, I could do it w/o much fuss or trouble.  As you state, however, how does one get the traffic from the experienced users to visit and respond to the questions/problems.

I would like if RCU or RCGroups or better yet, Futaba and Jr, and Airtronics, to pick up the slack and offer a forum as described, WITH the people who are in the know available for help and/or comment.  Does not seem like a big stretch for any of them to provide such a simple solution/online community for their respective users/customers.  (Yes, I do know that Futaba has an online presence here on RCU, etc. but it is not the same as I describe above... besdies, it seems there are an awful lot of users/customers that ask these same questions... hence ... a need unfulfilled.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:28 PM
victorzamora

I think that should be another part of the radios forum just for programming help.  That way you would get the a lot of traffic because it's on RCU....but it would still kinda fulfill the functionality you're talking about.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
CaptainHook

Ya know what would really be a nice learning tool.  Video (s)  of the how to do mixing.  Reading is one thing if it is well written. Most manuals seem to be poorly done as is this one in my opinion.  A forum is a great idea, but it still limits ones mind to fully understand what someone is trying to convey.  With the internet, youtube and others as a tool to post would make learning easy for anyone.  Futaba, JR, Hitec or Airtronics, this would be a great way to pass along good info.  Just a thought..
Old 05-22-2009, 01:37 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: CaptainHook

Ya know what would really bea nice learning tool. Video (s) of the how to do mixing. Reading is one thing if it is well written. Most manuals seem to be poorly done as is this one in my opinion. A forum is a great idea, but it still limits ones mind to fully understand what someone is trying to convey. With the internet, youtube and others as a tool to post would make learningeasy for anyone. Futaba, JR, Hitec or Airtronics, this would be a great way to pass along good info. Just a thought..
As you have had a problem and solved it without sharing whatyoudidwrong, I think you just voluntered to do the vidio.

Mike
Old 05-25-2009, 01:24 PM
VictoryRoll

Well looky what I found...  This may be a start to what we/I was looking for in a website/forum that would help Futaba users of various levels in setting up, programming and general discussion of all that is Futaba.

I hope this helps everyone/anyone looking for help.. if only it was listed at a top-level sub-category on RCU and RCGroups, it probably would be found more readily.

FYI, I received a Tower Hobbies Newsletter (Special Email Offers), in which this link was provided.  If it was only distributed to those who are subscribers to the $9.99 membership to TH, as I am, shame on them, but here you have it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Futaba/95574905265

Hope it helps,

Don

Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 PM
DougV

Don,

I'm a TH member, but I haven't received that e-mail . However, itis also on the Futaba web page. http://futaba-rc.com/

Doug.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:37 PM
alishanmao

its a great radio. got mine yesterday but having hard time turning on the Trainer. Can someone guide me?

I goto Trainer Set INH to OFF. set the desired channels to give controls to student. but when i flip Switch H or Spring loaded switch nothing happens. OFF Stays OFF, it doesn't go ON as it should.

I go to snap roll and it says Trainer is on

If I assign switch H to some channel it works right but I just can't get the Trainer to Turn On from OFF.

Is something wrong with my radio software or am I missing something here.

kindly reply back quick.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You have to have a trainer cord connected to a student's transmitter for the trainer function to work. Otherwise, it will stay "OFF", even when you move the switch.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
alishanmao

Ah Damn, Man I am trying to use my Headtracking system on my Video goggles. its Video Goggles with Built in Head Tracking and they use Futaba Trainer Cord. But after connecting to both sides. I can power up the goggles using Futaba Battery and trainer cord, however I still can not turn the Trainer On. and that is why my Head tracking Doesn't work.

What else can i do to resolve this issue. I am not trying to connect other radio or buddy box. Just trying to get the Head tracking work.

Hope you can get me some suggestions.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:48 PM
alishanmao

Another Question buddy if you do not mind.

I have a an Old Futaba 6EXAP Radio system almost 6 years old. and it works just great. It has original Futaba Tx Crystal of 72.850 Mhz. Can I just use it in my Futaba 10C module? This way I can control all my 15 aircraft that are set using futaba Receivers.

Or Do i need to buy new Crystal?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:14 PM
victorzamora

No, the Futaba 10C doesn't have a place for the crystals.  You have to buy a module of the right channel.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:29 PM
alishanmao

Sorry to disagree mate but my Futaba 10C has a module, if you take it out inside there you can see a crystal its 50 (72.790Mhz)

my R1410DP receiver uses a similar crystal as well of same frequency, that is why I thought I could change them with my old futaba radio TX and RX crystals But the only problem is Futaba 10C Crystals look a bit different as they say Low RF Noise on them while my old futaba Crystals do not say such things. that is why I asked.