Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

is futaba gy401 gyro ok for an airplane

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 04:24 AM
ProfLoorey
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is futaba gy401 gyro ok for an airplane

hi, i have just installed a gy401 gyro on my rudder, im flying it tomorrow but it say its for helicopters and doesnt mention airplanes. it seems to be workin correctly when i test it by holding the plane and moving it, is there some reason its not compatible in an airplane? the rudder doesnt seem to move much but it is moving.....would an airplane gyro move more? anyone have the awnsers i seek....

thanks for any input
Old 05-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There's no reason why you cannot use your Futaba FY401 in an airplane model.

The reason the servo may not move much would be due to how much gain you may have set. The more gain, the more servo movement when the gyro tells the it to move. Moving the tail slowly would give you a small response, but a rapid movement of the tail should give you more response from the servo.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:04 PM
ProfLoorey
My Feedback: (8)

thanks for the reply, it leaves me with more questions....
1 how do i adjust the "gain" there is no mention of gain in the instructions, i did adjust the limit to maximum, and the delay to a middle setting(i have hitec non digital servos), set the DS to off. i DID NOT hook up the sensitivity switching connector, i didnt think it would be nescesary in an airplane, and im not sure if my radio is compatible with it (jr 8103 heli).

thanks for the great help

jody
Old 05-15-2003, 06:07 PM
ml3456

I think that is a heading hold gyro. make sure you turn it off if you fly a plane. Just use a standard gyro mode.

ML