Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Difference in stick feel between models?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:20 PM
edgley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in stick feel between models?

Hi,

I am about to buy my first proper controller.
It looks like a 7c will server my needs, but when is that ever enough

So I started looking at the 10c, and then found out about the 9303.
Now it looks like it should be the 9303 for me; I have even found some used for $300.

I have read plenty of reviews on all the models, but no where can I find specific mention of the difference in the feel of operation.
Does the 9303 have the nicest feeling movement? I guess I am think of this like the car I drive. I want to be able to feel the road and not be comforted in a bubble of disconnectedness.

Thanks,
Simon.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:00 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Difference in stick feel between models?

Most Transmitters have some adjustment for "feel". You can vary the length of the sticks, and can vary the spring tension of the gimbals to make them softer or firmer. The overall quality of the gimbals also add to the "feel". A lower end Futaba doesn't feel as nice as a higher end Futaba, same with JR and others, and a Futaba won't feel like a JR. This is part of why flyers like one brand better than another.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:39 PM
victorzamora

Go straight to your LHS and hold both of them. If you don't go down there and pretend like you're flying you'll never know which one you like more. I liked the way the 9303 felt, but when I grabbed the 10c I was in love.

That's going to be one of my next 3 big purchases...probably big purchase #1, along with two 2.4GHz rx's for it.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: edgley

Hi,

I am about to buy my first proper controller.
It looks like a 7c will server my needs, but when is that ever enough

So I started looking at the 10c, and then found out about the 9303.
Now it looks like it should be the 9303 for me; I have even found some used for $300.

I have read plenty of reviews on all the models, but no where can I find specific mention of the difference in the feel of operation.
Does the 9303 have the nicest feeling movement? I guess I am think of this like the car I drive. I want to be able to feel the road and not be comforted in a bubble of disconnectedness.

Thanks,
Simon.
Well the first thing you need to do is decide if you want dedicated 2.4GHz or a swapable module for the frequency.

Lots of the XP9303 radios are available used and can take a 2.4GHz module as can the Futaba 10C. The XP9303 is a module type radio that can have the module changed between the older bands i.e. 72MHz here in the USA and a 2.4GHz module.

The X9303 is a dedicated 2.4GHz radio and has model match, servo synch and 2048 resolution when used with 9 channel rx's. You don't get those features with an XP9303 and a module.

Note; The JR XP9303 is NOT the same tx as the X9303...[8D]
Old 07-06-2008, 04:13 PM
edgley

Thank you, I hadn't noticed that difference.
I wanted swappable and 2048, so I guess that means its the 10c by default.

They are half price in the states compared to the UK; that means the plane works out free
Old 07-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Technex

"JR, feel the difference" (Also Spektrum use mostly JR mechanicals)