RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

trainer cord between different modes

Old 05-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Dazzler_BE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default trainer cord between different modes

I was wondering, I've mastered basic trainers, and will be stepping up to a GP easy sport this season.

I have a friend who flies competition, so he's pretty good and he's willing to help me...

Now, he flies (and I hope I get this right) mode 1 (elevator + rudder on the left stick; throttle + ailerons on the right stick) and I fly mode 2 (throttle + rudder on the left stick and elevator + ailerons on the rights stick)

so basically, our elevator & throttle are the other way around.

My transmitter is a Futaba 6XAS and his is a 9Z WC2 series.

There was a post somewhere on this forum saying that with nowadays transmitters, this would not be any problem. However, I was always told that both transmitters had to be in the same mode.

Can anyone verify that this setup is actually possible ? I mean, I leave my transmitter on mode 2, my friend leaves his on mode 1, and we can control the plane using our own setup ?
Old 05-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Steve Lewin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default trainer cord between different modes

Yes it's possible. I've done it plenty of times, I fly Mode 2, several friends fly Mode 1 though I don't know anyone with 9Z. But so long as both transmitters are set up to fly the model properly, i.e. any mixing etc is set up in both, you should be fine.

Steve