Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tower Pro MG995 servos

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:57 PM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Pro MG995 servos

Has anyone had any experience using these servos? I just ran across them on the HobbyPartz web site and their specifications and pricing caught my eye. They almost seem too good to be true and you know what they say...............

So anyone who has ACTUALLY USED THEM please feel free to chime in here and give their honest opinions.

thanks =)
Old 07-17-2008, 05:58 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tower Pro MG995 servos

There is a review of them. The reviewer said to run as fast as you could AWAY from them. They are not worth the plastic the package was made out of.

I ran across a wed site that has the 996. Here is what they say about them:

This is essentially an upgraded version of the famous towerpro MG995 servo. It now has a redesigned PCB and IC controll system which makes it far more accurate. Its internal gearing and motor are also upgraded to improve dead bandwith and centering.
All specifications are the same as the previous model MG995, however this servo is far more accurate, and safe to use in aircraft which require precise servo movements and perfect centering

Wondering if some one has looked at them yet.

Dru.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:20 PM
XJet
Banned

[link=http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/mg995review.shtml]MG995 review[/link]

RCModelReviews is also currently performing one of the most comprehensive servo review/shootout articles ever written.

A large number of different servos are being put through their paces using a specially designed test-rig that graphs speed, torque, current, resoltion, accuracy etc and also examines the build-quality and other aspects of each unit.

It also includes reviews of some newly released hi-speed heli-servos and giant-scale servos.

It should be on the web in a few weeks or so.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a Google search of TowerPro MG995. There are other forums that have information from owners of these servos. Not very encouraging.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:09 AM
freeair

if there anything like a t.p. brushless motor i once bought, forget it and buy something decent. we must remember these little units are just important as the receiver ect ect for reliability.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

Thanks for the input guys. As I expected "if it sounds too good to be true it usually is".

Xjet,
thanks for the link and I'll wait for that comparison report.