Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which Transmitters hold their memory on a PC

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Neil Guildford

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Which Transmitters hold their memory on a PC

Can anyone help me find a transmitter that stores its mem on a computer. I have about 18 models and am always having to reprogramme the few that get left out resulting in a full loft of less preferred planes.

Any help would be appreciated. - I currently have a Futaba FF6
Old 05-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Gary Retterbush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My MPX 4000 has 99 memeories standard. Is that enough? If not, it can interface to the PC.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:48 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

All Multiplex can be downloaded and uploaded from PC: Cockpit, Royal Evo, 3030 and 4000. Model memory files can be emailed between people, and the Royal Evo has internet download of any software upgrades that happen. However Mpx give you enough memories on the Tx as standard. Royal Evo has 20 memories on 9 channel and 36 memories on 12 channel, 3030 has 99 memories on board and 4000 has up to 99 memories on board.

H
Old 05-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Neil Guildford

wow,

what about other brands?
Old 05-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Neil Guildford

Where's the best place to find a Mpx (In the U.K). Is it fully compatible with Futaba?
Old 05-15-2003, 08:56 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR

Over here, the JR XP8103 and 10x both have the capability to transfer to a PC.

Don't know if they have that in the UK though...
Old 05-15-2003, 09:01 PM
HarryC

Originally posted by Neil Guildford
wow,

what about other brands?
There are brands other than Multiplex? Whatever will they think of next?

Flair is the distributor so any model shop can get Mpx. However some shops are allowed to import Mpx direct for their own sales thus cutting out the middleman and therefore have better prices, such as West London Models, Slough, Punctilio see www.modelspot.com

Yes, it is fully compatible with Futaba, JR and everyone else. I have Mpx Tx and use it with Rx from Mpx, JR, Futaba, Sanwa and GWS, servos by JR, Futaba, Mpx, Hitec, Supertec, Ripmax, etc.

H
Old 05-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Neil Guildford

The Royalevo synthesised looks very good. I can't see the trims for the left and right (Rudder and ailerons) though.

Do you know if it holds in its mem the crystal for that model? or if you have to select it every time.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:20 PM
HarryC

All the trims are there together, if you see the ele and throttle trims you are seeing the rudder and ail trims as well. Instead of one button moving up and down, or left and right, the Evo uses 2 buttons, one for left and one for right. So there are two groups of 4 buttons. It is very easy to use in flight.

The synthesiser remembers the last channel used, but at switching on the Tx it asks you to confirm that you do want it to continue booting up with that particular channel. By holding down the tools button while switching on you disable the RF module altogether which allows you to do all programming without transmitting any radio.

H
Old 05-15-2003, 09:33 PM
Neil Guildford

I've just been reading that site you posted. The evo seems brilliant.
Which one do you have?
Old 05-15-2003, 09:39 PM
HarryC

I have a 4000, the ultimate Tx. A friend has bought the Evo9 synthesiser and I do a lot of his test flying for him so I get to use it quite a bit. It is shaped very well for your hands and I like the rotating sticks too. You could see it for real at WLM or Slough from where u are in Guildford.

H
Old 05-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Neil Guildford

i use my thumbs to control the sticks. Would this be a problem with the rotating sticks or shape? (With the evo)
Old 05-15-2003, 09:44 PM
HarryC

The Royalevo synthesised looks very good. I can't see the trims for the left and right (Rudder and ailerons) though.
I have just realised what you were seeing. The two sliders inboard of the stick are controls, not trims. They are used for flaps, spoilers, brakes etc. Whereas Futaba/JR tend to give you tiny knobs that are tricky to use in flight, Mpx has a history of using sliders that your fingers can actually get to.

H
Old 05-15-2003, 09:47 PM
HarryC

i use my thumbs to control the sticks. Would this be a problem with the rotating sticks or shape? (With the evo)
No problem, I am a thumbs on top flier. The Tx comes with 2 or 3 sets of sticks, the longest with 3 control buttons on it for finger and thumb fliers only, the shortest stick is fine for thumbs tho' a bit smooth and slippery for my taste. The rotating part is esp good for thumbs only as it realigns the stick to your thumbs natural axis, takes a bit of practice to get out of the old habit of compensating though!

H
Old 05-15-2003, 09:54 PM
Neil Guildford

Thanks for your help.

Oh one more question: The 2 switches on the side look quite vunerable. Have you seen them on your friends and what do you think?
Old 05-15-2003, 10:07 PM
HarryC

The 2 switches on the side look quite vunerable.
Everyone thinks that! Only time will tell how well it stands up to knocks.

I liked using them so much I have fitted slider switches and push buttons to the side of my 4000 where my index finger can nudge them.

H
Old 05-15-2003, 10:17 PM
Neil Guildford

The Evo 7 looks like a really good tranny for me. I'm going to check them out this weekend. I need it to be able to mix any channel ie 1+6, 1+2, 2+6, 1+4. but i think from what i can gather the evo 9+12 do but the 7 maybe limited
Quote:
Freely assignable tx controls, switches and servos......Evo7 No Evo9 Yes Evo12 yes.
I hope this doen't mean i can't do the above.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:40 AM
HarryC

I would stay away from the EVO7. The Evo has a crucial difference in the mixer structure from every other radio which means that it needs lots of free mixers in order to do very little. The Evo7 is so cut down that I think it could be very frustrating.

The "freely assignable" means that in Mpx it does not come fixed that that stick slider or switch is the elevator, the retracts etc, the whole thing is user defined. Same for servo sequence, Mpx does not pre-determine that servo 1 at the Rx is rudder, servo 2 is elevator etc, you decide for each model what the sequence is. The RE9 and 12 have Futaba and JR servo sequence emulations built in as well as purely user defined. It sounds like the RE7 can not do these.

H
Old 05-16-2003, 07:28 AM
rorywquin

Thanks for your help.

Oh one more question: The 2 switches on the side look quite vunerable. Have you seen them on your friends and what do you think?
Those switches actually have quite a lot of lateral movement - which people have commented on - however I think it may be deliberate so that there is some give if the switch is accidentally knocked. If you take care of your tx (as we all do) the switches shouldnt be a problem! It the worst happens - they are replaceable! there is also room for 2 extra switches although heaven knows what I would do with them !
Old 05-16-2003, 06:02 PM
stuartaw

The Evo 7 looks like a really good tranny for me.
Besides any questions about it's functionality, the other problem with the Evo7 is that it hasn't reached the shops yet. The current word from MPX is 'July'

Stuart @ Slough RCM