Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Futaba: Reversed throttle implies reversed failsafe?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba: Reversed throttle implies reversed failsafe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:39 PM
cjshaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba: Reversed throttle implies reversed failsafe?

Given that we always have to reverse the throttle on Futaba radios when using an ESC to control a brushless motor, is the default failsafe power setting reversed as well?

This is on my 12FG, with TM-14 FASST module, controlling an R606FS FASST receiver.

I'm asking this because I had my Typhoon2 crash the other day. It stopped responding to my transmitter, the motor went to full power, and the airplane dived into the dirt. It acted like the radio went into failsafe, and set the motor to full power as the failsafe position.

I'm not sure why the receiver would have gone into failsafe, unless the BEC on the P.O.S. E-Flite ESC was acting up. I was flying it with a three cell Li-Mg battery. The first E-Flite ESC that came with the airplane burned itself up while I was connecting the battery. E-Flite replaced it, and the second one has been working ok until now.

Chris Shaker
Old 07-24-2008, 07:39 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Futaba: Reversed throttle implies reversed failsafe?

Hi Chris,
If the receiver did go into failsafe resulting in full throttle, that would indicate that the receivers failsafe was set before you made the channel 3 reversed. To set the throttle safe for closed throttle, just relink the receiver with the throttle in the low stick position now that the channel 3 servo reversing has been set to REV.
Good luck,
Pete
Old 07-24-2008, 07:46 PM
cjshaker

Pete:

Thank you very much for the reply, and the idea about the failsafe.

I should be able to test that theory by turning off the transmitter, and seeing what the receiver does.
Guess I should have done that when I first installed the receiver. :^)

Thanks again,
Chris Shaker
Old 07-26-2008, 08:22 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Failsafe can be set at any position on the earlier Futaba transmitters. Don’t know about your transmitter.

Bill