Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using Airtronics servo with JR receiver??

Old 07-26-2008, 07:44 PM
coindex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Airtronics servo with JR receiver??

I just bought a JR7202 transmitter and an R2000 PCM 10channel receiver.
Question:
1. I have Airtronics 94102 servo's (older style red,black,black wires) are these compatable with the R2000 receiver?
2. If I have to modify the wiring of the servo's, what do I have to change around?

I know the airtronics red wire is the + the middle black is the -, and the other black is the signal wire.
For JR the wiring is orange signal, red +, and brown -.

Now Do I have to change the airtronics servo wires around to match the JR wiring?
Old 07-26-2008, 11:03 PM
freeair

Default RE: Using Airtronics servo with JR receiver??

ok i have both of these in front of me, the airtronics and a jr servo. lets say your looking at the plug end with the red wire on your left side , what you need to do is swap over the red with the middle black, so you end up with black - red- black . the jr is brown - red - orange.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:04 PM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Coindex, The easiest is to just buy adapters to go from the old(black) to new(blue) airtronics and then they will just plug into your jr rx.. You can't just change the wires around as the old ribbed airtronics plug will not fit into the JR rx. If your good at soldering you could buy some pigtails with jr or airtronics plugs on them, cut off the old plugs and solder on the new pigtails.
Fred
Old 07-27-2008, 11:16 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: freeair

ok i have both of these in front of me, the airtronics and a jr servo. lets say your looking at the plug end with the red wire on your left side , what you need to do is swap over the red with the middle black, so you end up with black - red- black . the jr is brown - red - orange.
Yes, that's correct.
If the Airtronics has a "BLACK" connector, swap the red and center black wires. If it has a "BLUE" connector, you don't need to do any thing.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:04 AM
coindex

That's what I figured I had to do. I did some research on the different plugs. Only other thing is where the heck do I get the connector ends? Who sells them seperately so I can do my own sodering and make my own wires....hmmmm
Anyone???
Old 07-28-2008, 09:20 AM
pilotpete2

The old 94102 servos are real easy to replace the entire servo lead with a new universal style, the circuit board has the wires that go thru holes in the board, rather than the more current method of having them soldered to pads on the board, very easy to solder on new ones if you're comfortable with that kind of soldering Or you could just splice in the new servo lead outside the case.
I still use some of the 94102's that I converted a while back.
Good luck,
Pete
Old 07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use MAXX (MPI)products for connectors: http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-3.html
Old 07-28-2008, 06:53 PM
pilotpete2

As do I, I like the quality of their servo leads, extensions and particularly their HD switch harnesses have them on all my glow powered models
Pete
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 PM
jcccc

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5494&Product_Name=Servo_Terminals_(JR)_Gold_Plated

Go to UnitedHobbies and for 35 cents you get the male , female and metal connectors. Just pull up on the tab of your Airtronics servo connectors for each wire and slide out the metal connector. Then match the the wires to the your RX and slide the metal connecors into the UnitedHobbies plastic servo end. No soldering. No cutting wires.

jccc