Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spoilerons on a Futaba 8u - How do you setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 02:15 PM
EkRr
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoilerons on a Futaba 8u - How do you setup

I am setting up my 8u with 2 aileron servos CH 1 & 6

I created a Pmix1 that will make them work as ailerons correctly.

How do I program a switch to lift both ailerons say 5 degrees to help in harrier maneuvers?

Also, The right most trim knob on the face of the radio still works the aileron on channel 6. How do I prevent this? It has to be set to 0 so the aileron is centered. If I accidentally bump it, I will have one aileron out of trim.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2003, 02:33 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'll take a stab at it...

OK I already had flaperons set up in the regular FLPRON menu...I have them set up to work with switch "C" UP..this is just how they came out, but it's the same as my 7UA in the SE I fly, so it's familiar to me..

Now for Spoilerons..bear with me I am an idiot...

Advanced Menu>

PMIX-1> ON

MAS 2 ...SLV 6

Should read ELE>FLP> hit the >curser to get to the % throws.

Now on my set up I ended up with ELE -30% FLP -30%..Hold DOWN stick to set the ELE value (this is weird, but that's it) and UP stick to set the FLP value. Both of these came out with a negative value..with positive values it was just like Flaperons. Yours may be different..I don't know.

Hit the > curser and it says LINK..I set mine to ON...this makes both Ailerons go up and down..if OFF only one works...

Hit the >curser and it says TRIM..OFF makes my ELE Trim only work the ELE..ON trims the Spoilerons and ELE together... set this as you like...

Hit > curser..it says OFST..this is used to set the mix neutral somewhere other than "stick" neutral...I set it a 0%..

Hit > curser..this is where you set which switch you want.. I used Switch "C" since my Flaperons were already on "C" UP. So I set the Spoilerons to work on Switch "C" Down...

Hit > Curser to set which way you want the switch to be when you engage Spoilerons..

You are done..or at least in the ball park I hope..At least maybe you can work through this range of settings and get yours to work.

As for turning the Flap knob OFF..Got through the Advanced Menu til you see FLPTRM..set it ON and the value to 0%..this will activate the knob, but take all its throw away.. It's how I set mine.

Good Luck. I can't say for sure this exact sequence will do what you want, but it might help you get close. I'll probably get blasted for posting it as I'm not an expert, so use it at your own risk.