Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help JR 12x

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 12:32 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help JR 12x

HI all, I've already waisted time on this JR 12x TX, I simply want to access another model to set it up and when I go to 84, I get model copy, not what I want, I need, model select, need help.
Rcpete
Old 08-02-2008, 01:02 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Help JR 12x

I've only drooled on one of those but on the 9303 you have to hold a button down and power it up to access the system menu to change models. I'm assuming its probably the same or close.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Smacka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barracuda is correct. Shutdown the radio. Hold the bind button in. Turn the radio on while holding in the bind button. The radio defaults to the model select. Press in the scroll wheel to access the model. Press it again to call up a list of available memory channels. You are there...

Have a great day!
Smacka
Old 08-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

According to the JR 12X manual page A4, you hold the Enter button (not the bind button) and turn on the TX while keeping the Enter button pressed. This puts you into the 'System Mode' where you can then select 84. 'Model Sel' and you should be off to the races. If you select 'Model Sel' and it takes you to model copy then you have a TX problem. This is identical to the 9303.

Howard
Old 08-02-2008, 04:41 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As a test, do as Howard wrote and then go one step further. Highlight COPY and press the roller. It should change to SELECT.

Allan
Old 08-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Step 1. Hold the ENT button
Step 2. Turn on the radio
Step 3. Select 84 if it didn't default to 84, it should be
Step 4. Press the roller one time to get to the next page
Step 5. Should high light "Select"

IF you get the word "Copy" highlighted press the roller once with the word and the display will change to "Select"

Step 6. Roll the roller to the right one click.
Step 7. "Model" will be highlighted
Step 8. Press the roller one time which should bring up a list of airplanes or blank spaces
Step 9. Roll the roller right/left untill correct model is highlighted (or a blank number for a model not assigned
Step 10. Press the roller once, this will "Load" the model's memory
Step 11. Turn the radio off and back on normally and the new model will be displayed.

Now turn the radio on with the ENT held down and roll the roller one time to get to the "Model Name" roll the roller 3 clicks to the right which will bring the cursor to the first space between the < > symbyols

Press the roller to access the alpha/numeric page then roll the roller to where the cursor is under the letter/number/symbol that you want. Repete for the next space untill you name that plane.

HTH

Tim
Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Just one MORE disadvantage of that darn roller dial that JR just had to put on their top-of-the-line radios instead of a "touch screen" that worked beautifuly.
Long live my JR 10SXll
Old 08-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Mastertech

I've got a couple of 10sx's for sale if you're interested.

I love my 12x so much I ordered a second one. I love the roller.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mastertech

Now turn the radio on with the ENT held down and roll the roller one time to get to the "Model Name" roll the roller 3 clicks to the right which will bring the cursor to the first space between the < > symbyols

Press the roller to access the alpha/numeric page then roll the roller to where the cursor is under the letter/number/symbol that you want. Repete for the next space untill you name that plane.

HTH

Tim
All the rest of Tim's post is correct, and this part will do the trick as well but it's not necessary to turn off the radio. You can access the model naming feature as well as all the other areas of this menu by just pressing "list". If you're in the System menu, it'll take you there and if you're in the Function menu it will go there. The only way to access the System is to do so when turning on the radio and I depress the Enter (Ent) button for that as noted above. You can also exit that menu by depressing the Enter button twice.

The "select" "copy" function change is not really that intuitive and I kind of futzed around with it on my X9303 before I figured it out. But it IS in the manual had I read it a bit more closely before starting....

The 12X programming is very similar to the X9303 and I can't comment on the 10X as I came over to the X9303 from a Futaba...
Old 08-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Mastertech

This is true. The only reason I turn it off then back on is to ensure I've done the transfer correctly and it identifies the correct airplane.