Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Berg 7P vs Multiplex RX-9 vs JR R790 on JR 7202 Radio

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Berg 7P
0%
Multiplex RX-9
33.33%
JR R790
66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Berg 7P vs Multiplex RX-9 vs JR R790 on JR 7202 Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 03:42 PM
TomMystery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berg 7P vs Multiplex RX-9 vs JR R790 on JR 7202 Radio

Hello there;

I am slowly getting into the hobby; I was originally intending to buy a DX6i but was put off by the weight and quality of the transmitter and the DX7 was out of my price-range so I purchased a JR 7202 for a very good price.

The reciever is both PCM and PPM compatible, and I'm looking at the following recievers. After doing some research I'm more confused than I was before.

I can purchase the JR PCM R790 reciever, this seems to be like the immediate choice, as it is a full range reciever with scan select, yet I've read that PCM itself is sometimes slow to respond and you won't get the signals of signal loss {slower response} as you will with a PPM system; instead reception will just drop off and the reciever will lock into failsafe until a suitable signal is found.

I can get the Crystal Berg 7P, which seems like a nice reciever. However it is not synthesized. My question here, is apart from the failsafe capabilities and DSP filtering, does the TSR technology (reciver recognition) actually work? and would it provide an edge over the R790 reciever? or is it just a marketting gimmick?

Finally, I can get the Multiplex IPD RX-9, which features similar DSP filtering and failsafe and has the added bonus of being a synth reciever. It does not advertise any reciever recognition technology; so I would really only purchase this reciever over the R790 for the slightly faster response of PPM.

Then, there's the fact that most competitions used to use PCM over PPM until DSM came around. So perhaps it's best if I stick to the R790.

What it comes down to?

1. Which reciever will give me the best range/response?
2. Which reciever is most glitch/interference proof?

And yes, I realize that the following is mostly a matter of opinion. >.<