Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servo matching

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:56 PM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo matching

I can't count how many times I've tried to match flap servos, and did they match? I've run across a device called a match box or something along those lines. Now that I'm looking for one do you think I could locate one? A little help please. Which one is reccomended if there is more than one to choose from and what controlability do these units have?
Thanks
Doane
Old 08-04-2008, 11:09 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: servo matching

The Matchbox is a JR product. Futaba has a similar product.
With the Matchbox, you can connect up to 4 servos, on one channel, and match them all so that they do not fight one another.
If you have Hitec digital servos, you can buy a Hitec programmer and match all the servos and save it to memory in a chip on each servo. Hitec and Spectrum servos are the only ones that can be programmed. I believe all servos can be Matched using a Matchbox type device.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: servo matching

Here is what you need it works very for the application you are doing

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=JRPA900

depending on the TX you are using you can do this same thing int he TX but the matchbox makes the job easier, especially on the sport TX's. If you have a 10X or 9303 there are other better ways to do it, but on the more sport level systems the Matchbox is an excellent solution.

Troy Newman
Team JR