Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which is a better deal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 07:06 PM
wrcsti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is a better deal?

This- http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=421111
or this- http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=420216

It is for a 4 channel EDF I plan on buying later this summer to fall.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:25 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Which is a better deal?

Note tht old Vanguard is a plain featureless Tx long discontinued. It has dual rates and reversing thats it. Nothing else. If what you want it for requires elevon mix (many EDF's) then you are SOL.

That other system I have never heard of. You will be better off with any of the four majors than those rebranded no names.

John
Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
wrcsti

I plan on buying a V-tail mixer. So I should take the old futaba? thanks for the reply.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
JohnBuckner

You know that Vanguard is not a VG 600 as labeled in the ad, Its interesting that model ID is the current model of Airtronics plain 6 channel Tx. I thought there was something wrong so I pulled out an iidentical one (I thought I had thrown the last of them away) and the proper ID of the old Six channel Airtronics FM Vanguard tx is VG 6dr.

Be aware with that relabeled whatever it is, very unlikely you will ever be able to get any kind of factory service if neccessary.

E Bay is the very worst place for new folks to look for a bargain but you can find a lot of heartburn and equipment you cannot use.

John
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 PM
JohnBuckner

ORIGINAL: wrcsti

I plan on buying a V-tail mixer. So I should take the old futaba? thanks for the reply.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4170

Both radios are too expensive at any price! Its kinda like looking for water by peeing down a dry well.

John
Old 08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
wrcsti

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

You know that Vanguard is not a VG 600 as labeled in the ad, Its interesting that model ID is the current model of Airtronics plain 6 channel Tx. I thought there was something wrong so I pulled out an iidentical one (I thought I had thrown the last of them away) and the proper ID of the old Six channel Airtronics FM Vanguard tx is VG 6dr.

Be aware with that relabeled whatever it is, very unlikely you will ever be able to get any kind of factory service if neccessary.

E Bay is the very worst place for new folks to look for a bargain but you can find a lot of heartburn and equipment you cannot use.

John
I figured out it wasnt a VG 600 when I searched for it. I only have about 55 dollars so It's not like I can get any much better than that and wont make much more untill I get a car so I can drive to a workplace.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 PM
wrcsti

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

ORIGINAL: wrcsti

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4170

Both radios are too expensive at any price! Its kinda like looking for water by peeing down a dry well.

John
Any recomendations?

How about this?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post10289819
Old 08-05-2008, 09:29 PM
JohnBuckner

First thing I would stop looking for used stuff. New flyers should only purchase new equipment when it comes to the radio link. Never used. Later on perhaps after you know a little more about it then yes you many want to take a chances here and there.

Purchasing equipment stick to the majors: Futaba, Hitec, JR or Airtronics. All have excellent entry level computer radio systems all will have a variety of mixing and all will be capable of programing more than one airplane.

I do not follow radio prices but they all offer good systems that usually can be had for somewhere between perhaps 120 to 150 bucks. I am sure others will chime in here with some good systems and prices.

John
Old 08-05-2008, 09:38 PM
wrcsti

Im not new to the hobby, just moved and had to sell my plane and radios about 4 years ago and wanted to make sure that everything is just like it was before.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:36 PM
JohnBuckner

Nothing is ever just 'as it was before'.

This constant search for the absolute cheapest of the cheap in almost every case will result in disappointment and the greatest total cost in Bucks' for those who least can afford it. Think about that.