Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Any experiencie/review of the Hextronik 5010 servo?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Any experiencie/review of the Hextronik 5010 servo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:03 AM
rva1945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experiencie/review of the Hextronik 5010 servo?

Any experiencie/review of this servo:

Hextronik 5010

HX5010

Dimentions: 40x20x38mm
Weight: 39g
Speed: .16sec/60Deg
Stall Torque: 6.5kg
Voltage: 4.8~6v

Thanks
Robert
Old 08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
DaveP

Default RE: Any experiencie/review of the Hextronik 5010 servo?

Robert-

I bought a couple of these, along with some other types, to evaluate a month or so ago. I found they're at least as fast as the standard Futaba and HiTec servos, but not quite as precise - you have to move the transmitter stick a tiny bit more before the servo starts moving. I'd use them for less critical applications, like throttle and rudder on a sport plane. I would personally not use them on elevator or on a pattern-type plane. This is based on bench evaluation only - I have not flown with them.

They rotate the same direction as Futaba servos (counterclockwise for widening pulse)(opposite from HiTec) and have Futaba splines. They're nicely made, have plastic gears and twin ball bearings, and come with mounting hardware and several nice arms. And, of course, they're inexpensive!

-Dave
Old 08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
rva1945

Thanks Dave:

I need to strip a powerful servo to drive a screw attached to a syringe (an RC sub piston system), and it seems to be fine.

And glad to know they have a wider than normal neutral zone, which makes for a good candidate to use its electronics for a cheap speed controller.

Thanks
Robert
Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 PM
XJet
Banned

These servos have very poor resolution. When I tested one example its total movement was composed of no more than 30 discreet steps. That's a thirtieth of the resolution provided by most transmitter/receiver pairs.

They're strong and durable and may be okay for a trainer type model but if you need precise control (3D or very fast models) then forget them.

I'm including them in my huge servo-shootout article and so far they are the *worst* in terms of resolution, especially when you consider that some of the better servos have over 4,000 steps of resolution (130 times as much).