Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics Infinity vs Radiant Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Infinity vs Radiant Transmitter

I have a Radiant Tx and am thinking about buying the Infinity Tx....Is there any advantage to the Infinity? I am looking at the Infinity 600 PCM that is set up for FM and using a FM receiver...Is the Infinity 600 PCM a OK choice or should I skip it...I like my Radiant Tx.....
Old 05-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Richard39

No one out there has any knowledge on the Airtronics Infinity vs the Radiant Tx?
Old 05-19-2003, 04:58 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Radiant but not the Infinity. The Radiant is a good radio. I would spend the money on a RD though.

Dru.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:17 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

I have flown Infinity 600 and Infinity 660 for several years before going to Stylus. The IN 660 is a more versatile computer tx than the IN 600. I have never had any experience with the Radiant, but believe the Infinity has more features in the mixing programs. The IN 600 tx does NOT use a back-up lithium battery that has to be replaced, but the IN 660 does. I agree with blvd buzzard that the RD (especially the 6000) would be the way to go if you can find a used one, especially over the IN 600. I really don't know if the RD 600 is much better than the Infinity series, tho. You want to be careful that the RD series would operate the PCM rx, if that is what you are using...no trouble with the FM rx, it will work fine. I still have a 600 tx that I haven't used since I purchased my Stylus last Fall.

I will send you a listing of the features for the IN 600 and the IN 660 in an e-mail later on today.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Richard39

Default Airtronics

Thanks for the great replies......With the new VG 6000 coming out soon it makes the choices difficult when deciding between the RD6000 and others...I have never held an Infinity but it looks so different from the RD 6000 and the Radiant...Thanks
Old 05-19-2003, 08:34 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

I saw the VG 6000 in Florida at the Top Gun event a couple of weeks ago and had a chance to talk to the Airtronics rep who was there; he even described it as a basic "entry level" computer radio. It may not be any more than the Radiant; for example it does not have FM shift invert so that one may operate either a positive shift rx or negative shift rx with that tx.