RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

The best Radio for R/C is ..............

Old 05-19-2003, 03:36 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The best Radio for R/C is ..............

Since I use the Airtronics brand and it works well with no problems you would think that I consider the Airtronics the best brand available? No....the best brand of transmitter is the one that is available with the most support and most users...Airtronics would be about 7th place in support and being able to find others who use the brand....
Old 05-19-2003, 04:02 PM
jtholley03
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Fprget about factory support

There are so many experts for each brand here that I don't think it matters. I have a Multiplex Profi 4000. Even with the hitech takeover I just post a question here. I wouldn't even dream of calling the factory for support. I have always gotten the answers I need.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:05 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I use Airtronics.....I don't know about it being the best but I have always received excellent service by phone and e-mail. they have spent some time on the phone with me. They seem to answer the phone quickly and there is always someone there to answer my questions promptly! so far... as service goes....I couldn't ask for anything better!!
Old 05-19-2003, 08:05 PM
theox

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The best Radio for R/C is ..............
next years model.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:29 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There has been lots of discussion on here as far as the best.

In all reality, it depends on the user and the use. I don't think there is any one best. They all do a good job of one thing and may not do a good job of another. There are a lot of people that feel strongly about one brand, but any more, they all build pretty good systems.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The main problem and maybe the only problem with Airtronics is that there seems to me so few of r/c flyers out there using them....We are not able to get info or questions answers as it seems most folks are flying other makes and models....The best model may be the one that you can get help with your questions the quickest...?
Old 05-19-2003, 09:03 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think it is important to point out that all radios are not the same, they are not all the same quality, they do not all offer similar features, they are not all the same price, etc. And yes, brand does come into play. There are significant differences between not just radios but brands as well; however, selecting a
best will entirely depend upon the criteria you set. For this reason in my opinion it is impossible to select an overall "best" brand or even individual radio.

For example, "best" for a Sunday flier on a budget may be an economy brand simple 4ch radio or if they splurge maybe even a 'fancy' computer 6 ch. Anything more for them is just a waste of money. For a competition pilot, best may be a major brand high end radio, regardless of cost. Anything less would impact their performance due to missing features only found in high end major brand radios.

Cheers