Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6YG trans-w-Air Vang reciever?

Old 05-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6YG trans-w-Air Vang reciever?

I have an New Futaba 6YG transmitter and I am trying to make it work with a Airtronics Flight pack from an older Vanguard radio system. I took out the crystal from the older Vanguard FM transmitter and plugged it into the 6YG crystal bay but that didn't work. Is there anything I can do or is this Futaba FM transmitter not compatable with the Airtronics Vanguard FM reciever. Would
putting a Futaba crystal (comatable with the 6YG frequency) into the Vanguard reciever work.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:13 PM
strato911

No, these two will not work together. In North America, Futaba uses negative frequency shift, and Airtronics uses positive frequency shift. They are not compatible. It's like trying to use a Ford V8 distributor cap on a Chevy V6.

Also, please don't ever swap crystals in transmitters. It is illegal to swap transmitter crystals. Not enough people know it, and many who do know, chose to ignore it

It ISlegal to swap receiver crystals, but you should only use a crystal of the same brand as the receiver.

If you wish to change channels, there are 3 ways to do it legally:

1). Use a radio with removable RF modules (a crystal is not a module).

2). Use a radio with a synthesized RF circuit (either built in or in a module)

3). Send the transmitter to a repair center to be re-tuned with the new crystal you want to use.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Basil Yousif

I kind of figured the Futaba radio with the Vanguard reciever was
an impossibility. I just bought a Futaba flight pack for my
Futaba transmitter with the same frequency crystal as my transmitter. the original flight pack that came with the transmitter is in my Heli and I want to put this new flight pack into my new H9 P51. The radio is a 6XH computer radio with three model memory - Airplane or Heli. Will this work if I get the same frequency crystal in the new flightpacks reciever as is in my Futaba radio. I have tried it and it does work as far as moving the servos in the correct directions but have not flight tested it.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:33 PM
strato911

In a word - Yes.

Since your new flight pack is Futaba, as long as the new receiver has a crystal on the same channel as your Futaba transmitter you're ready to go (don't forget the usual range check).
Old 05-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Basil Yousif

Good at least I won't have to spend more $ on a matched set of crystals. Thanks for the help.