Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Sport SX600 HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Padrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Sport SX600 HELP!!!!!

Hello,
Okay, This is my first computerized TX and well.. I'm so totally lost!!
This one came brand new with a RX JR Sport RS6UL
I am switching to JR electronic products and also have a JR Sport RS600.
Came with jr ch.24 crystals and purchased a crystal for other rx.
Problem?
I can't get anything to work!!!
Being I'm working on a wing plane (f-27c/Stryker)
It was pretty simple to program the TX to mix wing delta
although while doing so, the flaperon came on too and
won't deactivate.
Also while in the wing mix mode its always indicated as OF
even though the flaperon and delta are in the ON mode.

The other settings like trims and such are kinda easy
once I can get the servo's to actually work....

The receiver is ran off the electric motor and ESC
Its plugged into the THR
other two servos are in the elevator and rudder slots.

I turn TX on and plug battery into ESC..
Servo's and motor respond with a very short one time jerk
as if its setting up. Right after I get one long beep followed by 3 short beeps..

I try the controls and nothing... no response from nothing...

I try the receiver that came with TX and nothing!!!

Both times though if I turn off TX before unplugging the servo's go nuts!!!

I try a old Hitec receiver and no name transmitter and I get
at least a response from motor and servo's...

What am I doing wrong with this new transmitter???
Why won't it work?? HELP!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 05:29 PM
slarty

Default RE: JR Sport SX600 HELP!!!!!

Unfortunately not knowing anything about this particular transmitter ( I have searched Horizon's site and can't find it ), it's difficult to say.

Does the SX600 support PCM modulation ? If so, then it could be that you are in that modulation and if so then a PPM receiver will not respond.

Do you have a link to the radio on Horizon's website ??
Old 08-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Padrick

Here's a link... I got and am using the Sport JR products.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Explore/...ArticleID=1497

Thanks for the help!! Hate being grounded just because I can't find the "GO" button to push... grrr!! lol
Old 08-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Padrick

Oh... Here's a link to the HTLM manual...
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a
Old 08-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Padrick

Thought this was a widely used and popular transmitter.. Don't anyone have one that can help me??
Old 08-24-2008, 07:01 PM
slarty

Just finished downloading the manual, have had a quick read and it seems that there is no PCM option. So it cannot be that.

Tell me the colour of the crystals you have fitted in the transmitter and receiver respectively. Also verify that the channels do match.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Padrick

It came NEW with crystals and receiver. JRPXFR & JRPXFT
These are JR crystals and came new with the TX and RX units.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Genypig

Ok, I have the exact same problem!

So basically, Ive got the Transmitter and a Futaba Reciever on a plane, I have all the channels correct and the battery is charged, the crystals are also the same, but, when I turn the plane on and the transmitter, i cant control anything, its like my transmitter is off! While when at teh same time if i use a diff controller, it works fine. Why is this? And how can i fix this,

ive also tried totally reseting the configs on the mdl that im using on the sx, but still, no response.
If anyone out theres got any answer, plz tell me! I will be glad to give more specific details.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

A JR TX will not talk to a Futaba RX. There's no solution with that receiver. You need a JR RX.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Padrick

Turns out my friend that Futuba isn't compatible with JR. And JR equipment is backwords. On rx its dark to light from top of rx.
Once I discovered compatibility with different manufactures I have had no problems.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Genypig

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

well, thx anyway, cuz it wud of taken me a long time to find out.

Um, ok, so if i get a jr rx, will it work with futaba servos?[>:]
Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Padrick

No, thats how I got stuck... I bought a Futuba TX and it came with a JR RX.. I ended up selling the Futuba TX and getting a JR TX.
Than, was very fusterated till I read in manual in almost fine print that JR wirings are backwards.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Genypig

Well, it is wierd, but you knwo what, somehwere i read that u can change from backwards to opposite by like doing something with the wires,

u know anything about that?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Genypig

O, also, does anyone know if a Jr sport rs600 reciever will work good with a jr sport sx600 trans?

and if so, can i use futaba servos, or do they have to be jr also?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Padrick

They are referring to the TX charging... The positive is the outer ring. You can switch that if you have a charger thats normal you wish to use. I got two chargers for that TX if your interested in one of them.. My spare is still in sealed mailed box. Didn't see why to open when I'm using another new charger. Don't ask... It was a big hassel and mess!!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:28 PM
nobodytwo

Unlike other JR® receivers, the brown (negative) wire on the
servo leads should face upwards toward the RS6UL’s top label.
If the servo leads are installed in the opposite (standard) direction,
the servos will not function. Since the RS6UL is designed
with center pin positive polarity, no damage will occur from
improper connection of JR servos.

Happy Landings!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
unloco2

Patrick, 1. the standard JR Sport transmitter is PCM positive shift. Unfortunately the RS6UL receiver is available both ways, either positve or negative shift. If you have the wrong one, it will not respond. 2. My system works well with the standard RS6UL receiver as well as receivers from Dymond. I use the dual conversion ones, and they don't care if it's positive or negative shift. 3. Other brands also work with JR, like Airtronics. 4. Futaba and Hitec are negative shift so they may not work properly.

On my system, every thing works like it's supposed to. Just remember that the servo channels are different then most other transmitters, ie: channel 1 is throttle, channel 2 is aileron, 3 is elevator and 4 is rudder. Of interest is channel 6 which is Flaps, however there is a neat function that allows you to hook up flaperons by using 2 servos for the ailerons with one servo ( the left one) hooked up to channle 6 and the right servo to the standard aileron channel, (2), then programing in the flaperon function. The ailerons still work normally, and by throwing the flap switch, you get flaps.

I hope this explains some of the problems and solutions.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:42 PM
rguifa

Hi there,

I have an SX600 transmitter with an RS600 receiver and they work just fine. I have also used futaba, hitec and tower hobbies servos and they all work without a problem. The only thing you have to be aware of is that the futaba has different connectors which fit into the RS600 but pay attention to polarity (red line goes with +), the hitec servo has brown, yellow and black lines..just make sure the black line goes with the - pin on the rx. You can basically use any servo, as long as it is a standard analog servo (no digital servos can be used)

I bought an F-22 which comes with the SX600 and the RS600 already installed. I use the same rx an tx on a J3 Cub with Futaba servos
Old 04-24-2009, 11:00 PM
F-22Raptor

I've got a JR SX600 too, and i'm having problems with delta mixing. I'm working with an Exceed RC F-35 sold by nitroplanes.com and i hooked up the new receiver and everything works but my pitch axis is wrong. I can't seem to be able to get it reversed. If I reverse the 2 servos, then it logically changes to the roll axis. I give left stick, and left side goes up, right side goes down. but give up input and both sides give elevon down. The servos have to be plugged in properly, or roll wouldn't work either. Is there a way to reverse this in the computer? I only have 2 buttons to work with in programming mode. I hope I've been clear, if you know what I'm talking about, please enlighten me. I've got a grounded bird!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:05 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does your Tx have Elevon mixing? Most computer radios have this program. You connect the Right Aileron to the Aileron channel and the Left Aileron to the Elevator channel. When you turn on the Elevon mix, the Elevator stick makes both Elevons pitch Up and Down and the Aileron stick makes both Elevons roll Right and Left.

If one of the Elevons is moving in the wrong direction, you can Reverse that channel in the Servo Reversing screen or you can Reverse it in the Elevon mixing screen.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:23 AM
rguifa

Yes it does. It also has Delta Wing Mixing.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
unloco2

ORIGINAL: F-22Raptor

I've got a JR SX600 too, and i'm having problems with delta mixing. I'm working with an Exceed RC F-35 sold by nitroplanes.com and i hooked up the new receiver and everything works but my pitch axis is wrong. I can't seem to be able to get it reversed. If I reverse the 2 servos, then it logically changes to the roll axis. I give left stick, and left side goes up, right side goes down. but give up input and both sides give elevon down. The servos have to be plugged in properly, or roll wouldn't work either. Is there a way to reverse this in the computer? I only have 2 buttons to work with in programming mode. I hope I've been clear, if you know what I'm talking about, please enlighten me. I've got a grounded bird!
I know the problem you speak of, if the normal reversing in the computer does not work, I found that by switching the servo receiver connections, solves the problem. I found this out accidentally and several of my flying buds also do the same.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:05 PM
cgoffa
My Feedback: (4)

i have this radio as well as a jr x 388 with the jr radios, you have to think back to high school math, two negatives make a positve. BOTH elevator and Aeleron must be in either normal or both must be reversed, this will fix the up and down depending on how you set things, and with the left and right you reverse that by switching the plugs on the reciever brick itself.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:43 AM
colbyneal1

Sorry to be so late with some advice.....but i have four JR Sport RS600 receivers. I believe the problem your having will be fixed by moving the horse shoe looking jumper wire inside the receiver over one notch to reverse the positive/negative shift. That receiver is made to work with both futaba & jr transmitters.