Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spectrum dx6i

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:05 PM
bigbuster
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum dx6i

Today I was out at the field with a friend who has a dx6i installed in a mig flogger profile jet tha has 2 servos for elevator that is connected to the ailerons. Whenthe elevator stick is moved the elevators move and when the elevator stick moves up and down the ailerons move. Could some explain how this should be programmed and plugged into the reciever.

THANKS
Jeff
Old 08-24-2008, 09:55 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum dx6i

If I am reading this correctly, the jet is set up for Tailerons. In this type of setup, one flying stab servo is connected to the Aileron channel and one flying stab servo is connected to the Elevator channel. Using a Programmable Mixer, the flying stabs move in the same direction, when the Elevator stick is moved, and in opposite directions when the Aileron stick is moved.

I have a ducted fan F16 and F15 that is setup this way. There are no Ailerons attached to the wings. The Tailerons are all that is needed.

This is similar to Elevons, on a flying wing, where the Ailerons are also the Elevators.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:00 AM
bigbuster
My Feedback: (12)

This plane is setup so that both the ailerons and elevators move at the same time but only 1 servo on each side and a push rod connecting the 2 suraces. I don't own the radio nor have I seen the manual. He is a beginner and made his first flights on a mig foamy that he bought at hobby lobby. I thought I would ask and help him out.

Jeff
Old 08-25-2008, 09:28 PM
BuschBarber

I am having trouble visualizing how many control surfaces you have. Do you have an Aileron on each wing half and an Elevator on each stab half? If so, is each servo connected to both the Aileron half and the Elevator half?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

I have a question. I was programming an Electrostik tonight and I wanted Expo on aileron, elevator and rudder. It doesn't tell you in the instructions what position on the switch is Expo. Is it 0 or 1? I dislike dual rates and usually use 25 to 35 % Expo on my moveable surfaces.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:56 AM
BuschBarber

On most radios, Expo is tied to Dual Rates. In other words, you have a Dual Rate value and an Expo value for each position of the Dual Rate switch.

I usually set Low Rates with the Dual Rate switch Down (Position 1) and High Rates with the Dual Rate switch Up (Position 0). In the Dual Rate Program Screen, you should see parameter fields for D/R and Expo.

For example, I might set the Low Rates at 50% and Expo at 20% while High Rates might be set to 90% and Expo set to 60%.

I have two X9303 2.4 radios and not the Spektrum DX6i, but I would expect it to be similar.

I just visited the Spektrum web site and pulled up the manual for the DX6i. Pg 63 shows the D/R & Expo screen. Unfortunately, it does not show more than one drawing of that screen on the Tx, but it clearly says you can adjust D/R and Expo settings for either Dual Rate switch setting 0 or 1.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...nual-LoRes.pdf
Old 08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Actually it says Dual Rate or Expo but doesn't tell you how to choose between the two. I have a DX-7 and that's no problem as the instructions are clear. I guess I'll try support at Spektrum. Thanks anyway.